Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Tribute

iserbrown
iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
Hi everyone

I recently went through some of my photos and marvelled at a photo on my phone that I had downloaded from the forum sometime ago.  It was painted by Tracey_B

I double checked with the Mods today and yes poor Tracey is no longer with us and they have respectfully given her a Dragonfly.
Tracey was a good scout - she loved to paint and her and her hubby held an Exhibition which raised funds for BCNA.  
Another Perspective Art and Photographic Exhibition — BCNA Online Network

When she was up for it she almost gave us a painting each week to admire.  Some of her paintings are in the earlier pages of Creative Corner.  Check out her painting of a Black Cockatoo!

Creative Corner! - Page 6 — BCNA Online Network

Such a talented lady!

Vale Tracey

Comments

• iserbrown
    Please everyone - feel free to pay tribute to anyone you may have known on here who is no longer with us.  It reminds us about the fragility of it all for some of us!

Take care
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    So sorry to hear of Tracey's passing @iserbrown.   She was such a talented painter and I LOVE that painting of the Tango Dancers.

What a wonderful idea to have a Tribute Page - for our members who have passed xx

I am going to go back to Page 1 of Creative Corner & go thru the whole Thread ... it may take a while!! xx

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    I often wonder what happened to Tracey's posts.  I am saddened by her passing.
    A Tribute Group would also be nice .....
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    Oh that is so sad even though I didn’t know Tracy as she was before my time.
    That painting is amazing and the idea of a tribute page is a good one.
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    I always admired Tracey_B's artistic talents on our Creative Corner. I shall miss her work. A talent lost.
    Deepest sympathy to her loved ones.
    Vale Tracey
    Rest In Peace

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Vale Tracey
  • iserbrown
    @wendy55

Thank you, it's hard yards the reality of Breast Cancer!
    I hope this message finds you as well as expected.....my chronic pain fades into insignificance compared to some

Yes Tracey's paintings certainly brought pleasure to us

As to lockdowns,  you would think we'd be used to it however they are wearing and sad to see businesses at breaking point 

Take care
    Sending you a virtual hug
  • iserbrown
    Often wonder when different ones drop off!  
    It's difficult.....
    This link shows what a trooper Tracey was, raising finds

"Flamingo Fling in the pink - Snowy River Mail - Local News & Photos around the Orbost Region" https://www.snowyrivermail.com.au/news/local-news/209-flamingo-fling-in-the-pink
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    A gifted artist...such beautiful painting and I hope that Tracy and her family are now at peace. I agree with you @Zoffiel about avoiding the hard realities of this disease. I'm not terminal, but I would hate it if people politely "Don't mention the war" (sorry Monty Python). I remember when I was newly diagnosed and "the subject" was avoided by some. I felt almost ostracised as my illness reflected back to some the reality of their own mortality. Vale Tracey.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    I didn’t know her, but this is very hard to read 😢😢. Her paintings are really beautiful. I agree with @Zoffiel
    I hope Tracey is at peace 💟
  • iserbrown
    She was a generous lady on the forum!
    Here's another of her paintings 

"This weeks activity — BCNA Online Network" https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/comment/65075#Comment_65075