Treatments for Breast Cancer - Options and Considerations Virtual Conference Thursday July 15 2021

Hello everyone,

Join Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) for insight into the latest treatments for breast cancer, as well as for a glimpse into the pioneering research shaping the future of how we treat the disease. 

This virtual conference is a must-join for people wanting to know about what treatments are available, what treatments are on the horizon and the options and considerations that might impact your own experience, including managing side effects.

Renowned international guest speaker, Medical Oncologist and Director of the Breast Oncology Center at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in the United States Dr Eric Winer will deliver a session on ‘new frontiers’ – what the future of breast cancer treatment holds.

The conference will be held online on Thursday July 15 6:00pm – 9:00pm and will provide information relevant to patients with both early breast cancer and metastatic disease, delivered by a panel of national experts.

The program includes breakout sessions which will provide opportunities for attendees with different needs to access information relevant to their diagnosis and situation, as well as connect with others going through a similar experience. Breakout session options include lymphoedema, genetics and family history, supportive care for metastatic breast cancer and long-term side effects of breast cancer treatment. The conference will also address the important role of your GP in follow-up care.

Register for the conference by clicking here.

Event Details

Date: Thursday, July 15

Time: 6.00pm – 9.00pm AEST

Where: Online – from your computer, tablet, or laptop

Your Local Time:

WA: 4.00pm

NT, SA: 5.30pm

QLD, ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 6.00pm

Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Not sure if it's my end or your end but the "register" button doesn't seem to work.  (and welcome back, @Giovanna_BCNA ???)
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    @Sister .... it took me a few goes .... I’d done one of the dates in the wrong format and it wouldn’t submit til it changed it. 
  • Carissa_BCNA
    Carissa_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 251
    Hi @Sister are you still having trouble registering? If so, you can contact Redback on 1800 733 416 who provide technical assistance for our webinars. Let me know how you get on and if I can help further.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    I have just registered, but wondering if any of it is being recorded? I'm definitely interested in more than one of the break out sessions
    Thanks
  • Sister
    All good - for some reason one of the top fields had dropped off - thanks @arpie
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    Just posted it to Facebook groups for BC that I moderate
  • arpie
    This conference is on tonight at 6pm .... it is not to late to join!  The latest info on BC treatments

Hopefully it will be made available as a video, for those unable to watch tonight.
  • SoldierCrab
    this would be great if it is available afterwards as I know quite a few TNBC ladies on the facebook page, are unable to watch this at the time it is on in their timezone.... BCNA please have as a web based video for people to link into later on. 
  • Kate_BCNA
    Kate_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 20
    Hi everyone,
    This conference will be available to view on demand.  The recording will be available either tomorrow or Monday and I will post the link into this discussion when it comes through.
    Thanks
    Kate
  • arpie
    Terrific, thanks @Kate_BCNA - that is right on my dinner time & hubby is set in his ways ..... I'll probably watch it at my leisure at a couple of sittings ... it's a long one!
  • Sister
    That's great that it will be available later as I will have to go out to pick daughter up from work!
  • Carissa_BCNA
    Carissa_BCNA Administrator, Staff, Member, Moderator Posts: 251
    Good morning,

Please find the link below to view our recent conference on demand.

Thank you,
    Carissa

https://kapara.rdbk.com.au/landers/6cdaa3.html
  • SoldierCrab
    shared to the facebook groups :D thank you