On Our Walks

Comments

• gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    Absolutely gorgeous @Cath62 - what a stunning walk 😀 well done!
  • gumnut
    hi @arpie
    a little further north than you - at Kingscliff - a beautiful part of Australia. 
    I’ve put my kyak in there b4, let me know if you do venture up this way 🎣 🛶 xx
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Lovely trip to Tassie. Hundreds of these beautiful creatures played chicken around the boat near Wineglass BayWineglass Bay

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Love that photo @Blossom1961. Thinking of whale watching in Harvey Bay Queensland in September.
  • Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,101
    @Blossom1961 that’s a.great photo!
    Wine Glass Bay is a beautiful part of the world.
  • Blossom1961
    @Cath62 We saw whales as well! Unfortunately they didn't breech so I couldn't get any worthwhile photos. We did the Hervey Bay Whale watching cruise and it was amazing.
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2022
    First day of winter 2022 -Mooloolaba Qld 
  • ARichies
    ARichies Member Posts: 33
    Would you recommend going for walks during radiation treatments ? I haven't done much exercise since my surgery as I caught Covid after two weeks after my surgery. I miss exercising. 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    I had radiation treatment in November 2017; shortly after my chemo finished. it was recommended to me at the time to walk as much as I could/felt like. I did walk every day, building up from 50 metres to a couple of kilometres. The best thing was getting out in the fresh air and watching the birds, the clouds, the trees. Best wishes for your treatment and exercise.

• Julez1958
    Hi @ARichies
    I was lucky enough to be walking distance ( 1 km flat walk) from the centre where I had 28 sessions of radiotherapy ( Monday to Friday) and I walked there and back every day.
    I got a bit fatigued towards the end but the radiation oncologist said walking was good for me both mentally and physically.
    I didn’t have to have chemo and had time off work during my mastectomy / recovery and radiotherapy.

• gumnut
    Good morning everyone 
    a few photos from my walks this week to brighten your day 😀🏝
  • Julez1958
    Oh yes that is lovely!
    greetings from chilly Sydney ⛄️
  • Blossom1961
    Loddon River