Diet and weight loss

2»

Comments

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    @Halla, unfortunately I don't specifically. I seem to remember it was on a site from an American University or cancer, like Sloane Kettering, Johns Hopkins or one of the other bigger ones. The subject came up where a member had a laundry list of supplements she was taking such as curcumin, collagen, lecithin, vitamin this, that and the other and a diet containing a lot of soy. Another member posted a link to this other site which had all the vitamins, minerals and so called 'natural' supplements and how they related to breast cancer.
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    @Halla...I just googled "collagen breast cancer" and it came up with some info regarding this subject.

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    This is the link that @AllyJay was trying to remember 

"Herb-Drug Interactions in Cancer Care | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center" https://www.mskcc.org/videos/herb-drug-interactions-care
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Thanks @iserbrown!
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    I don't keep scales at home, but I rely on whether my clothes fit me or not. What the scales tell us is dependent on whether we have fat or muscles, as muscles weigh for than fat.  I am tall, so I don't mind if I am not a size 10 anymore!
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    edited June 2021
    Well, I’m getting used to this new diet routine and am down another 2kg in 2 weeks. 

I did get nervous about the soy isolate and collagen pre radiation so have switched to a whey protein instead. Which is much more delicious actually! 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Glad to hear it’s working @Halla 😊