Micheles top 10 good things about only having one boob

MicheleR
MicheleR Member Posts: 343
10. No underwires creeping out of my bra at inopportune times.
9. When i roll over in bed my left boob no longer smashes uncomfortably into anything else. Surprisingly it doesnt travel far
8. I can get out of unpacking the dishwasher and other heavy manual tasks. 
7. Soon im having a mammogram. Only 1 boob to smash and easier access. 
6. Less sweating underneath. I do a lot more exercise and still dont sweat as much. 
5. Less to carry around. That cancer boob was heavy. 
4. No uncomfortable back clasp, spilling back fat. I mostly wear crop tops but when i do wear a clasp its at the front.
3. I pay more attention to my remaining breast and my chest generally. Moisturising etc, breast awareness.
2. More comfortable in my own skin. Appreciate my body for what it does for me. 
1. No cancer
Tagged:

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    👌🏻👌🏻🙏🏻
  • HappySoul
    HappySoul Member Posts: 23
    Number 1 is the absolute best thing! 😉 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    @MicheleR , I love your '10 good thngs about only having one boob'. I have 1 1/2 boobs. The 'lumpectomied' one creased into a very unique shape after radiotherapy. Every year 'my' surgeon goes 'tsk tsk' and wants to do further surgery to make it look better. I say 'no thank you'.
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    And for our bc sisters and brothers who are brave enough to go down the reconstruction road - all power to you too!
  • MicheleR
    Indeed. 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    @MicheleR I have one boob now too due to circumstances beyond my control ( covid, elective surgery cancelled, subsequent cellulitis)
    I was initially booked for a DIEP recon. 
    Turned out I’m happy just the way things are.  Who knows , down the track I might go flat...but now  I am happy to be here and just want to get on with my life.

I am so proud of my body and scars.  They are amazing! We got through this  :)
  • MicheleR
    Hi @Caz1,

Sorry to hear all those dramas. Glad you are ultimately happy though. 

When i had my mastectomy my surgeon didnt do immediate reconstruction. He said hed refer me after treatment to a plastic surgeon. Because it all happened so fast i really had no comprehension of what reconstruction was like, how it was done. 

I have an appendix scar  2 caesarian scars, a port scar and a mastectomy. I dont want any more or to spend months recovering. That is my choice.  I had skin left to ensure it might be "easier" but unless they can fill easily im not going to put myself through it. Im told i can have skin removed in a day surgery with little recovery time at about xmas (when radiated skin has settled down). 

My choice isnt for everyone and people need to choose what is best for them. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    Number 9. Absolutely.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I get to laugh every morning after I wash my hair. My centre part never is centre. For some reason I can no longer get it in the middle, it is always on the non boob side. Makes me laugh.