supplements

Options
tisme
tisme Member Posts: 148
Anyone take supplements for other issues like tumeric etc??

Comments

• Julez1958
    Julez1958 Member Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Hi tisme
    thus is a popular topic and was discussed only a few weeks ago on here.
    If you put in “ supplements” in the search bar you will bring up lots of answers.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Good question @tisme, you reminded me to update the info on my suggestion. 
    So, I had an app with my oncologist and asked about a few supplements. This was specifically for my type of bc, which was hormone positive, HER2 negative. I’m on hormone suppressors. 
    Turmeric (curcumin) is perfectly safe to take. So is Vit D with calcium. About 3000 units to start with, then can reduce dose to 1000 units daily. Collagen, magnesium, spirulina are also safe. The Orac Greens Powder (only available online) is not recommended for hormone positive bc cos there’s some ingredients that may increase the production of oestrogen, so better not to take it. It would be ok for hormone negative bc.
    Hope this helps somewhat. These are the ones I take, hence the info on them. 
    M Xx
  • tisme
    tisme Member Posts: 148
    Options
    can i ask what hormone suppressor your on ? im on arimidex
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    Options
    @tisme I started on Letrozole, 3 months later changed to Exemestane, 3 months later changed to Arimidex, and I’ve been on it almost a month 
  • Blondy
    Blondy Member Posts: 238
    Options
    On Arimidex for 2 1/2 years. No trouble. Previously had Letrozole for 6 months and ended up with a trigger thumb to go with my sore hands. Completely disappeared after a few weeks on Arimidex. I always check that any vitamins or teas don't contain Eostrogen, and some do. Even last week after checking out a magnesium sleeping aid, was found to contain a flower extract that did. I take 2 vitamin D with calcium to counteract osteoporosis which the hormone treatment can cause. Also magnesium, glaucosamine, to help with any sore joints. Mega vitamin B, and hair skin and nails. I never took vitamins but since I have I have turned into a bouncing teenager 🙄