Hairy face

I am happy to have my eye lashes and eyebrows back.  Happy to see hair on my head slowly growing back. Don't even mind it's salt and pepper in colour.  But my face is looking like a hairy yetti.  Could not be coping with that so I had a facial with an alkaline wash that melted it all away.  Dmk products used.  The facial cracks and I couldn't talk but was happy to be hair free.   Thought about getting a facial defuzzer from chemist but I don't want to be shaving to promote more hair growth. How is everyone else managing this. Am on letrolze in case it's only this drug my hairy face applies to.
Tagged:

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    That treatment looks relaxing. I didn’t do chemo, but have always had more fuzz on my face than I’d like. My mo has mostly been unnoticeable, but as I get older all the hair on my face seems to be getting longer and darker. Just before I was diagnosed, I bought a laser hair removal machine. Still haven’t used it as I was diagnosed two weeks later, and have had radiation. But I think enough time has passed now, so I’m planning to use it soon. It’s for the whole body, including the face, and removes hair permanently. Maybe you could try that? 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    There have been others who have commented on a proliferation of fine facial hair, after chemo, I just got back the hairs on my chin that had happily vanished for several months.  No more but no less. Losing unwanted hair was one of the unexpected benefits of chemo. 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Hi , after chemo my face hair grew back , but white.  After a while it calmed down and stopped sticking out!!!!!  Hooray!  There is no dignity in cancer is there?! :o

Caz x

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Hi @Locksley,

Me too. Lots of facial hair. I use a braun epilator product. It's a bit expensive but cheaper than other ways i think. I have tried to include the link so hope it works. https://www.shavershop.com.au/dw/image/v2/ABCZ_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-shavershop-master-catalog/default/dwbc1775ee/hires/009970.jpg?sw=930&sh=1139&sm=fit