NED (Nil Evidence of Disease)

Options
Locksley
Locksley Member Posts: 911
Hi Everyone, I have great news.   MRI has come back as normal and my mammogram was clear.  I am now NED Nil evidence of Disease.   OMG what a huge relief.    I hadn't heard of this term before until Flcover shared it earlier. 

I still have blood clots on my heart and my lungs that will continued to be monitored for a few more months and a groin hernia to deal with when the blood clots are gone.  They cant explain my constant headaches.  Could be as a result of treatment but they will refer me to a neurologist for a chat. 

Onwards and upwards now.   Thank you all for your friendship and support during the most awful and stressful 12 months.  It's been so good to be able to chat to people who get it without judgement when my crown slips, and putting my worries to ease when I had so many questions about what lies ahead.    To the newbies, keep going put one foot in front of the other, you can do this.  Be kind to yourself.  (People would say that to me and I didn't really know what that meant.  But I learnt I had to take some of the pressure I would place on myself and rest when I needed too, accept the help I was offered and let the small stuff go).   Had a few tears of joy. 

I am so grateful for BCNA online group.  I think I would have been in a big black hole the last 12 months without you all.   The pressure we had at home with covid, lockdown in Melbourne several times and hubby and I both having lost jobs the financial strain was huge).   My Daughter doing uni online in a small house and we all came out the other end.   Thank god for Netflix as well!   

Sending you all hugs xxxx   
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Options

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,535
    edited April 2021
    Options
    That is wonderful news @Locksley!!! 🥳🥳🎉🎉🎊👏🏻🎈♥️♥️♥️. This was the first major step to self care. Now to continue looking after yourself the way you deserve. To a cancer-free future 🥂💟👑😘
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,371
    Options
    Excellent news, hope the other ills recover fast and continue being kind to yourself! It’s a better way to be. 
  • MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    Options
    Yay! Great news!
  • Halla
    Halla Member Posts: 185
    Options
    Great to hear!! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • noosa_blue150
    noosa_blue150 Member Posts: 211
    Options
    wonderful news ! Let’s hope the clots and the headaches go away ASAP too!
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Options
    Great news @Locksley

Hope your other issues get resolved soon, good luck.
  • patdug
    patdug Member Posts: 53
    Options

@Locksley.....
    👍👏🎁👍👍👍👍👍
    Congratulations!!

• Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Options
    Fabulous news @Locksley 🥳 and such a lovely message to everyone, especially those who are joining us. I hope you did something that makes you happy to celebrate. M x
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,578
    Options
    WOOHOO Indeed!!  That is just awesome news, @Locksley!!

Yes a worthy celebration is definitely required!   ;) xx

• Jovdp
    Jovdp Member Posts: 21
    Options
    @Locksley this is fantastic news!!!!! I got my all clear last week also. Such a great feeling. Reflecting back to that point a year ago seems so long ago but also like it was yesterday!! I hope you have had a chance to celebrate and enjoy that weight off your shoulders. Sending hugs xxx
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic news. You did it my friend!!! 🌺👏👏🥂👏👏🌺