Up coming Mastecomy update

Kell
Kell Member Posts: 8
edited April 2021 in General discussion
Hi all, I posted back in February about my up coming Mastecomy and the decisions ahead. 

Update. Had the surgery Thursday 8th. I had a skin saving double mastecomy with immediate reconstruction direct to implants. Surgery went for 2 hours longer than planned as I lost a lot of blood and my blood pressure plummeted. 

I was feeling pretty wrecked afterward and had to have a blood transfusion at 1am on Friday,  4am and a third later that day.

I have yet to see my new boobs but am told they are looking good.

The pain is bearable for day 3 and I'm able to walk around today without feeling wobbly. Hoping the drains come out tomorrow but could be Tuesday.  I'm really busting to go home.

My blood pressure is back to normal thankgod. Really looking forward to my own bed to recover.

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery! 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Glad it all done @Kell 🙏🏻. Now just focus on recovering the best you can. You’ll be home before you know it ♥️
  • Kell
    Thank you @FLClover and @Afraser. Has done wonders for my mental health.  I had 2 drains removed this afternoon so fingers crossed the last 2 come out in a day or so.  Am so looking forward to going home. Being woken up every 2 hours is getting tiring. Pain level is pretty good, am only having panadol and ibuprofen now. The final hardest step has been taken and now I just need to decide which nipple reconstruction to go for. But at this point,  just so glad to have the surgery done with. 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    No one ever got a rest in hospital - myth of the century! You’ll improve in leaps and bounds when you get home. 
  • Kell
    I'm hearing you there! My own bed,  my own surrounds and my loved ones with me. Covid restrictions make it harder but I understand the reasons.  I'm really looking forward to being back with my family.