Metastatic Breast Cancer

Lizmoore
Lizmoore Member Posts: 5
edited March 2021 in Newly diagnosed
I have just been diagnosed with Metastatic Breast Cancer & trying to come to terms with everything. Starting my first round of Chemo this coming Wednesday & feeling overwhelmed. Hopping to hear positive feedback from others who have been or are going through the same experience. 

Comments

• lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Hi @Lizmoore, I'm sorry you need to be here but you'll find lots of support, and caring people
    Are you aware that there is a private group called Living With Metastatic Breast Cancer. You can request to join

Of recent times I've read of women living for many years with metastatic BC. 

Do you have supportive family and friends around you? Whilst they won't "get it" they will want to be there for you.
    It's a big diagnosis to get your head around. Thinking of you
  • Lizmoore
    Thank you for your support irb_O3.

I am so blessed to be surround by my beautiful family and friends, there support has been amazing.

I have tried to join the private group Living with Metastatic Breast Cancer but have had no response. I would really love to join the group and read how others cope in this situation.
  • Greengirl
    Greengirl Member Posts: 57
    @Lizmoore Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I’m not much help to you but all the best for Wednesday 
    @Giovanna_BCNA could you help this lady to join the mets group
    All the best @Lizmoore we are all behind you x 
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Lizmore welcome to our online community, I have accepted your request to join the living with metastatic breast cancer group this morning.  You should have access to the group now.  Wishing you well, kind regards  Giovanna
  • Lizmoore
    Thank you all so much, its so nice to know we ladies have so much support here.
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Just checking in to see how you're going after your first chemo, @Lizmoore?