Doxorubicin for 3 rounds and 12 weekly Paclitaxol

Charles76
Charles76 Member Posts: 19
edited March 2021 in General discussion
Hi All, I was diagnosed with ER + BC in Dec 2020, Grade 3 stage 2b, as it reached two lymph nodes. I had a pet scan after surgery biopsy results from lumpectomy, and there was no distant metastasis anywhere. I have just completed my third round of doxorubicin and  Cyclophosphamide with one more too go. Hair has started well and truly coming out. I have 12 weeks of paclitaxol after this. I have heard that hair does come back during paclitaxol. If anyone can please let me know of your experience I would be very great full xx

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    My hair started growing back while I was still on Taxol but it was a slow process. Just fuzz at first, then white frizz. It was wonderful to see it grow again, just took some time before it was useful! I had chemo frizz, then chemo curls, but gradually my hair straightened and ended up an excellent colour (less grey than before bc!). Best wishes. 
  • Charles76
    Thankyou @Afraser for your response. I have had my surgeon and oncologist tell me the same, 
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    I started growing fuzz on taxol too. I looked like an old fashioned hairy mango pip at first, then graduated on to my "Albert Einstein" period....a mad mass of silvery grey curls the consistency of fairy floss.
  • Charles76
    Thanks for your response @AllyJay. The curls seem to be the go! 😀
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Hi @Charles76

I did start getting hair during taxol but there was very little growth.  I think my hair came back a few months after chemo finished.  My hair used to be straight but it is definitely curly now.  Good luck with the rest of your treatment, have you already had the surgery.
  • Charles76
    Hi @PV123 yes I have already had surgery two months the ago. I have one more round of doxorubicin to go! 
  • PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Hi @Charles76

Good to have the surgery out of the way.  Take care and good luck.