Going off topic

Options
BlackWidow
BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
edited February 2021 in General discussion
Hello ladies.  I have not been on here for a while (another story) but I regularly see posts where ladies kindly jump in to help the lady who has written the post but then other ladies come in and talk about the responder, getting way off track for the original lady's concern.  Please bear this in mind.  We all like to support each other but please try not to diminish the original post.  Often I send a private message to the responder instead of adding to the post. Hoping all are well and avoiding the covid.  Kind thoughts to all.  Anne
Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Options
    @BlackWidow I agree - it can be a little frustrating at times when you have an interest (personal or not) in the original topic but I think, as others have said, that it's the same as in face-to-face conversations - they can be frustrating in the same way.  As long as people know that they can gently and respectfully pull a topic back, I think it's okay and the nature of the beast.  I posted one recently which immediately went off track from what I had intended but the comments were very valid and it wasn't so important that I needed to jump in and try to correct the course.  What you have highlighted though, is that it's important for members to realise that they can do this if they feel it's necessary as we would in a normal conversation.