On Our Walks

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Well yes, these were taken in the middle of Melbourne, less than half an hour’s walk from Abbotsford Convent - it’s lovely how quickly you lose sight and sound of the city. A young Melburnian of Polynesian descent once dived off that cliff into the river to raise money for charity - an audience of tens of thousands apparently!
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    In December last year I walked on Shelly Beach at Moruya NSW. Shelly Beach is just inside the south head of the Moruya River. It is a very wide estuary at the mouth. In March last year straight after the fires, it rained and flooded at Moruya. Trees and branches were washed down the river and ended up on Shelly Beach. People got creative and built many structures and cubbies on the beach.
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Nowhere near as attractive as some walks but this is the corner of Bourke and Collins Street (yes, it does happen!) on a cool and blustery day in Melbourne! 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Wow @gumnut, stunning photos!! 😮😮😍😍
  • gumnut
    gumnut Member Posts: 1,055
    Thanks @FLClover 💕
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Gorgeous! Which estuary is that @gumnut ?  I’d love to put my kayak in there and fish! ;) 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    GORGEOUS @Cath62!!  I am jealous

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    To all the clever photographers of the great scenes above - wow - I am jealous !  Cold and overcast here with no blue skies and wonderful views  😂😂😂
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Stunning @Cath62, that place is mesmerising 💜
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Gumnut and @Cath62,
    Beautiful beach and bush - thank you for posting. Cath, the Curlew is very well camouglaged! I was scrolling up, and couldn't see him at first