Our Gardens

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Curious. Rosa Camp David was developed in Germany in 1984 but it was not introduced in its home country but ‘in Australia, where the cultivar is well liked’. So maybe nothing to do with American Presidents? 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Beautiful veggies! We currently have a problem with mice and rats (shudder) here in Central West NSW. They are eating our tomatoes (grrrr)
  • jennyss
    Dear @Iserbrown,
    Perhaps you're in  a cooler climate than Western NSW? Claret Ash still green as green here! Please can we have a photo of the Naked Lady in flower?
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Ha ha Naked Lady also known as Bella Donna Lily!
    Yes I live at altitude,  630m above sea level. 
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @iserbrown

Oh dear, I would get altitude sickness at 630m. Our block is barely
    6.3 (six point three) metres above sea level. I need to improve my swim speed times to out swim the crocodiles should the sea levels rise.

Our vegetable growing times are opposite to the southern regions. I am getting my growing beds ready. Prepare in the Wet - grow in the Dry.

Well, I stand and look at the vege patch and say to myself, "yes, I must do that one day." At the moment the vege patch is a bit soggy, almost ankle deep. We have had over 340mls of rain for the month of January. A great start to the Wet Season, however it can stop any time soon - I need to demould!

• Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Wow I love frangipanis! They remind me of holidays.....
  • jennyss
    I think of mid-summer nights in Darlinghurst, walking home after midnight after listening to music at French's (this is back in the early 70's)
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    @jennyss
    Exactly! Although for me it was the late 60s and after classes at the National Art School and drinks/music  at the Oxford.