TV Show (WARNING - may be upsetting)

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
edited February 2021 in Day to day
I have been bingeing a new Australian TV show on Foxtel called "The End".  I put the warning on the title because it is about death, suicide, end-of-life care, assisted dying and so may be too confronting for some.  There is no "stand" taken on any issue, just portrayal.  The reason I'm posting is that there is a beautiful shot at the end of the first episode of one of the main characters sitting in a bath.  She has had a double mastectomy.  No weirdness or over-hype about it - it's just her.  Harriet Walter is the actor and the mastectomy is real.  

I would thoroughly recommend the show but with the proviso that you are prepared for what might be uncomfortable scenes.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,522
    I don't have Foxtel - but I quite enjoyed watching Casketeers - set in a NZ funeral home.  It was beautifully done and even had some funny bits ....
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Not sure that I could go there @Sister I’ve had 3 end of life experiences in the last 5 years. Hubby, dad, and brother   It was so hard to watch them go. I’m not sorry that I was there for hubby and Bros end of time. Dad was too far away to make it in time. But he wasn’t alone, I watched them all deteriorate so much. Bloody cancer
    its a pity that they had to go through all that. Each of them had there directives which we knew the details, But there wasn’t a choice to end everything nicely and peacefully.  I hope by the time it’s my time I get the choice.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,541
    I'm similar.  I was with all 3 family members as they departed.
    Yesterday I was watching 5 dragonflies which brought tears.  I have lost 5 family members. 

"In various spiritual pathways, the dragonfly acts as a messenger between the worlds."
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    @iserbrown life has been cruel to my family. I’m sharing my time with another brother prostate cancer. who’s bloods aren’t saying nice things. 
    all I feel at the moment is F😪🤐k cancer. Leave my family alone. Give us a break.