Managing your
fear of breast cancer recurrence

Many people who have been treated for early breast cancer feel anxious
and worry that their cancer may one day come back (recur). Fear of cancer
recurrence is the term used to describe these worries and anxieties. This
webcast will assist in providing you with the techniques and strategies to
support reducing such fears.

We will explore the facts around how likely it is that your breast
cancer will recur, what you need to look out for (what are the red flags)
and how to manage the emotional triggers and challenges.

Participants will hear from Prof Bruce Mann, Breast Surgeon, Dr
Charlotte Tottman, Clinical Psychologist, and Kathy Bell, Consumer. There
will also be the opportunity to ask questions online.

Event details

Date:  Thursday 11 February 2021

Time: 7.00 - 8.00 pm (AEDT)

Where: online - from your computer, laptop or tablet

Your local time

WA:  4.00 - 5.00 pm
NT:   5.30 - 6.30 pm
SA:   6.30 - 7.30 pm
QLD: 6.00 - 7.00 pm
ACT, NSW, TAS, VIC: 7.00 - 8.00 pm

Click
here to register

Tagged:

Comments

• BlackWidow
    BlackWidow Member Posts: 268
    Hi @Giovanna_BCNA.  Will BCNA take notes and put them up for those of us who are not computer literate and/or do not have computer access at that time ?  It would be appreciated by many, I am sure.  Thank you.
  • patdug
    patdug Member Posts: 53
    Thanks @Giovanna_BCNA. This webcast and the speaker line-up looks very good...thanks again xx
  • HunnyB
    HunnyB Member Posts: 10
    Hi @Giovanna_BCNA
    will this webcast be available to view afterwards as I’m not sure I will be available at that time. Tomorrow will be my 12 month cancerversary & I think this will be invaluable 
    thank you x
  • Laura_BCNA
    Laura_BCNA Member Posts: 168
    Hello @BlackWidow unfortunately no, we don't take notes of the webcasts, but they are available in on-demand video format on our website https://www.bcna.org.au/understanding-breast-cancer/resources/webcasts/ and can be viewed at any time. 
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549
    Is there a link to watch it, as I missed it.???? cannot find it anywhere??
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    I am having trouble finding the link to watch as well.  When I click the link for the webcasts Laura from BCNA has put up it doesnt go to the webinar for me to watch.    Technically challenged!!  Help.  
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I have hear Charlotte Tottman speak before as well and always impressed by her understanding and approach.  When I fell apart towards the end of chemo, someone suggested that I try to get into her as she was so good.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get an appointment and now realise that it was probably about the time that she was going through her own diagnosis.  

I found it really interesting her comments on reviewing her own professional practices before returning to work and her realising her underestimation of the reality of anxiety around recurrence.  Not that I would wish a cancer diagnosis on anyone, but it seems that it has to be lived to really get it.
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549

Hi @ChezaH and @Locksley, the on-demand link won't be ready until tomorrow, I'll post it in here when I receive the link. Thanks

Thank you x