Feminine changes

Options
2MC
2MC Member Posts: 59
edited February 2021 in General discussion
Hi guys
I’m going for my first mammogram since finishing all treatments 
I don’t know if it’s the stress of things but I’m post menopausal and started spotting the other day
as if I need to add this to my already stressful week.
I went to the GP and have gone for pelvic ultrasound but after googling I’m stressing that it’s going to be another cancer.

my cancer was a triple negative so I’m worried about ovarian cancer (I’m still waiting on genetic testing)

has any other post menopausal women had spotting since having had chemotherapy and been ok 
I don’t think I can take to much more stress and anxiety x
Tagged:

Comments

• Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Hi @2MC , I have not had these issues and good to check it out. I too am about to have my first mammogram and ultrasound. I am keeping busy so I don't think about it too much. Maybe on the day it will be different. I also had the genetic test and I am waiting for the results. It is a hard time and it all seems to go on and on and on. Are there things you like to do that may help to stay busy so you can take your mind off it for awhile? I know it's easier said than done at times but small steps help when there is stress around. Best wishes for your results.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Spotting or full on return to periods after chemo is not uncommon. I had similar, but wasn't post meno before treatment.

You've done what you can do--pelvic ultrasounds aren't much fun, hey? Wait for the results and don't google any more. Please. Your team will be well aware of your case and will definitely follow up if anything is wrong. Mxx
  • 2MC
    Options
    @Cath62
    my scans are tomorrow and yes I was coping and keeping busy but tonight is hard
    thank you and good luck to you also xx
  • 2MC
    Options

@Zoffiel
    they certainly are not
    I am 4 years post menopause so I don’t understand the spotting.
    maybe just from stress 🙏🏻X
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,278
    Options
    Thanks @2MC. Good luck tomorrow. Mine are Wednesday.