Isn't it weird what makes you feel better?

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
I had my oncologist checkup today.  Some of you may know that I quite like my onc - he's always been supportive and honest with me and never disparaging.  At the checkup today he was, as usual, asking me questions about how I'm faring with the Letrozole and he was pleased that some things have improved, less pleased that some things are worse, and commented on how little people realised the impact of hormones on the body.  He did say, however, that he noted the side effects of the drug were so hard on me that he had thought I wouldn't see the first year out (it's been nearly 2 1/2 years now).  Now, he has never given me any reason to think that he didn't believe me - completely the opposite - but that statement of acknowledgement has made me feel so much better.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Well done on sticking with it.  I couldn't.  xxx

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    It’s little things like that that make you stand a little taller, a little straighter. Just staying the course matters. In every way. 
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    👏🏻👏🏻  Being acknowledged, especially by a medical professional you trust, is very important, and gives us the strength to continue 😊
  • FLClover
    Omg @Zoffiel 😂😂😂😂😂😂. 
    Sorry, I don’t mean to laugh at your discomfort and dissatisfaction with the results of that conversation, it was just funny 😆😄. 
    And dark chocolate with orange mush inside is making me happy at 3am 😄😃👌🏻
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Yep @FLClover you gotta see the funny side of this shit. If I can get a laugh out of it, all is not lost.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Oh @Zoffiel - is your Onc a South American?  Mine is!  I had to laugh!  You got the inflections & accent perfectly!  Mine is lovely too.  Oooh ... where did you get the passionfruit sorbet from?  Sounds delish. xx

• Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    It feels so good to be heard.
    @Zoffiel you always nail it! My oncologist is fabulous and he said to me the last time when I said that the side effects of that crappy yellow pill seems to be something I just have to deal with. His reply was, ‘I don’t want you to just keeping sucking it up until one day you walk in so p**sed off you quit.’ He nailed it too. I have only been on it since August. Looks like I will be heading to Aldi for sorbet 😁
  • FLClover
    @Zoffiel yep!! A day without a laugh or two is a day wasted! Bc or no bc! Laughing relaxes my body and mind and makes them happy, and that’s exactly how I like them 👌🏻😁. 
    Going to Aldi today to look for that sorbet 
  • FLClover
    @Mazbeth I think mine said something similar, then switched me to Exemestane 😆. I’d only been on it since August too, and got carpal tunnel. 
    I think Aldi might be popular today 🤔😄
  • FLClover
    @Sister so frustrating when people say that. One little pill = major changes and disruptions to your whole body! Unnatural ones! Taking away things the body needs to function properly! 
    I really wouldn’t say ‘just one little pill’, because it almost never is 🤨🤨
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Zoffiel That is so funny! I can so see him saying that. You have to love him anyway. He is the best onco I have ever seen.
  • Anne65
    Anne65 Member Posts: 425
    @Sister You have shown him & yourself what a strong & amazing women you are!! xx