getting fit again

Blossom1961
Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
edited January 2021 in Health and wellbeing
It is a lovely cold morning with overcast skies and I have just completed morning nine of my new get fit regime. After finding gyms that suited me far too expensive I searched alternatives. I found a free app that is amazing and you can do anything from 'only' stretches to a rigorous workout. I have been doing the stretches and some of the basic dance routines and feel fantastic. My breathing is much more relaxed and each day I feel more flexible. The app does try to get you to update to their Pro programme which costs but after a few days the ads for this settle down to one per session and I just click the x button. You can choose whichever workout you feel like for the day and the times range from ten minutes to ??? Check it out and let me know what you think. Free works well for this chicken. FITON is the app name. 
Tagged:

Comments

• PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    Thank you @Blossom1961. I will definitely try it,
    I don’t particularly like gyms because I seem to get bored of the same routine and the ongoing costs of the gym are also of concern.  
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    edited January 2021
    Totally agree @PV123, I also find them boring and expensive. 

Thanks @Blossom1961!! I’m def going to try it out! It’s high time I got back into fitness, and this app sounds great 👌🏻😁♥️
  • Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Thanks @Blossom1961 - I am going to give this a try for sure! I am feeling like it is such a long road back to my old weight and level of fitness. 😁
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549

FLClover said:

Totally agree @PV123, I also find them boring and expensive. 

Thanks @Blossom1961!! I’m def going to try it out! It’s high time I got back into fitness, and this app sounds great 👌🏻😁♥️

Let me know how you go and if you think it is worth downloading
  • Blossom1961
    I did a beginners dance class this morning. I will definitely not be using that particular trainer again. SHE looked great as every muscle in her body moved throughout the whole session. I looked like a beached whale trying to flop back into the water. The next dance session I do I will use one of Breannas. She seems to understand not all of us can move like Beyonce or Ciara, AND I have fun doing her classes. Tomorrow will be a stretch session I think.
  • FLClover
    Hahahha @Blossom1961 😆. I’m so happy you’re doing dance. I absolutely love dancing, and have been wanting to take classes for years, but never have. Maybe it’s high time I did that too. I did Zumba before and still have the dvds at home. I love it. I wish I could set up a Zumba class for us breasties 😊
  • Blossom1961
    @FLClover I did a Zumba class once. That was it. I will try one from the fiton app as they sound fun but my one experience had me sneaking out of the class  :D
  • Sydneygal
    Sydneygal Member Posts: 11
    I just downloaded it and connected it to my Apple TV. I’ve done one workout. It was great. Thanks for sharing @Blossom1961
  • Blossom1961
    @FLClover I did the Zumba intro session this morning on the app. Eleven minutes of wiggling. Loved it. I even did the sound effects much to my hubby's amusement. Certainly got the heart pumping.
  • FLClover
    Oh that’s awesome @Blossom1961!!! I’m so glad you tried it again and loved it!! 😃🤩. Zumba can be intimidating in a class where the instructor goes too fast. The steps are quite hard to learn, and it’s too fast to give you a chance to get them. So it needs to be slow for starters. But once you get it, it’s sooooooo much fun!! Basically the point is to move as much as possible to get the exercise factor out of it, but to have fun at the same time. And gettting the steps right certainly increases the fun factor 😜. Very happy you’re doing it 👏🏻😊. 
    P.S. I’m still a lazy blob. I think I’ll get my hardly used exercise clothes and dvds out, to hopefully kick my ass into gear 🤔. 
  • Blossom1961
    Seventeen days straight and I feel great. Admittedly, at least half of those I did the stretch exercises. Doesn't matter, I feel good. Now to start tackling my diet. I love dairy but it encourages breast cysts. Dr says it can't cause cysts but when I have dairy in my diet I get cysts, when I take dairy out for more than two weeks, my cysts go. Soooo.......
    Anyway, today I am starting my healthy diet. Not too strict but baby steps. I will also start doing a little more of the dance sessions on the app, but may have to do them a bit later in the morning when my feet don't ache.
  • FLClover
    I love dairy too @Blossom1961, but when I cut it out I feel much better. Less bloating and fewer pimples, no stomach pain etc. So I drink only rice or almond milk, and hardly have cheese. 
    Baby steps is the best way so as not to shock your body. 
    Keep doing the dance sessions. That stuff is the best medicine 👌🏻😊
  • Blossom1961
    Seven weeks down. Has anyone joined me? I have completed at least one workout everyday and I feel fantastic. My body is starting to tone up but no weight loss as I struggle to diet. I love my food. The extra bonus is that I am getting my confidence back and the main workout instructor I follow encourages us to 'get your sexy on' and so I have been doing all kinds of sexy moves and it is confidence building and fun! 
  • FLClover
    Wow @Blossom1961 woohoo!! 🥳🎉👏🏻👏🏻 
    This is the best thing I’ve read all week. I’d say month but it’s only the 3rd 😆. I strongly believe in getting your sexy on too. Nothing wrong with feeling sexy and beautiful. It should actually be made mandatory 😃😄👌🏻.
    I’m ashamed to say I haven’t started yet. Laziness has become me. But I did rearrange my living room, so there’s space now to actually do my workouts. Next step is getting my gear on, then putting the DVD in...😆😊😘😘