Canberra Surgeon

Options
30something
30something Member Posts: 3
Hi all, I've just been diagnosed with high-grade DCIS after finding a lump in my right breast a week before Xmas. I've been referred to Dr Majeed as my surgeon but am just wondering if anyone has feedback about him, or can recommend someone? I'm needing to go public so I'm aware that choices may be limited by that. I should also note that although it may result in a lumpectomy, I'm most likely going to end up with a mastectomy and would like to have a reconstruction done, so feedback/recommendations around that are really appreciated. Cheers, Cat
Tagged:

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,580
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hi @30something

I am so sorry to see you here, joining the club that no one wants to join! :(  Here, You can raise ANY issue, and get helpful replies from those who’ve gone before you.  Nothing is off limits.  We have ‘private groups’ for some more personal discussions .... so feel free to join any of them, if they suit you. (The Young Woman group and reconstruction group may suit you.)

If you can, take someone with you to your appointments for support - as it can be daunting sitting there alone.  A 2nd set of ears also picks up points raised that you may have missed - and ask relevant questions too (as did my Sister in Law with me.) Also, consider recording your meetings on your mobile - so that you can go over it again later, if you have to, to query a statement, or just to have as a record.

Try not to use Dr Google as there is just so much conflicting information out there, and every BC case is 'unique' and it may only scare the pants off you!

if you put your City/town in your profile, other members may be able to refer you to specific facilities in your area that may help you xx

All the best with your ongoing appointments.   We have some posts here on what to take with you to hospital, to make it 'easier' on you.  
    https://onlinenetwork.bcna.org.au/discussion/16442/prep-for-surgery/p1

Take care xx

I am sending you a Personal Message (look for the envelope at the top of your page.)
  • 30something
    30something Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi @arpie, just wanted to thank you for your advice here as well as the direct messages. It's helpful heating from people who've already been through this bit. Cat 😊
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    I’m glad @arpie has given you great and helpful advice-she’s good like that 😁. 
    She’s probably mentioned this too, but just a reminder that you can join the young women group (if your profile name is true) and also the breast reconstruction group. They’re very helpful. All the best Xx