Things aren't working properly

Options
Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
I have had some trouble posting comments (apparently they require approval) and thought I should mention it publicly as it's possible that any newbies may think it's a problem only for them given that reporting might take longer to resolve than unusual.

In response to @mrscords post of a couple of days ago - my apologies if you get this half a dozen times on the original discussion thread...

It sounds a bit hackneyed @mrscords but it is true - you need time.  Time to take everything on board and time to heal.  It's hard to imagine how much of a wrecking ball this thing is until you're going through it.  Be kind to yourself and allow yourself the grief that comes with the territory.  Do consider accessing counselling - some counsellors have more experience with cancer than others.  If you can find something that allows your thoughts to untangle and settle, it can be helpful.  For some it's meditation or gardening - for me it was walking.  Take care and feel free to come back here for info, support, to vent or even the odd laugh.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    edited January 2021
    Options
    That’s weird, @sister .... I haven’t heard of posts requiring approval!  @Giovanna_BCNA .... have the IT people changed anything re posting comments?

Totally agree re @mrscords .... do what you have to do to help yourself get over this shit fight .... it may require you to ‘exit’ a situation, Eg leave a conversation that you are not enjoying .... ”I’m  sorry, I need to go” ... or even leave the room .... “l’m need a nap.”  (Or in my case, “I’m off Fishing!”) 

Make sure you have plenty of “you time” ... whether it is with other people or on your own, that is your choice ... to do what YOU want, not what may be expected of you from others.   As @Sister says, be kind to yourself.  We are all guilty of doing things for everyone else and making it “a Iggy for them” and often put our own needs “last” ... but now is the time to put your needs FIRST.  

It does just take time to heal both mentally and physically and it won’t happen overnight ....  there may still be speed bumps along the way .... but keep that end goal in sight .... GETTING BACK TO ENJOYING LIFE and everything that it entails. 

Take care everyone xxx
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,536
    Options
    I once tried posting a comment, but needed to edit it twice, and because of that it needed approval before being published. Not sure if same thing happened to you @Sister, or maybe something similar 🤷🏼‍♀️.

I totally agree @arpie, get back to enjoying life!!! That’s what life is for, to be enjoyed!! 
    And def avoid unpleasant/unnecessary conversations or situations. It’s not our responsibility to endure them 👌🏻♥️
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,584
    Options
    Sorry, I must proof read what I ‘think’ I Type, specially on the iPad!

‘a Iggy for them’ ..... was  supposed to be ‘easy for them’. LOL