Creative Corner!

Comments

• Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    @arpie, I’m pretty sure you can buy the adhesive silicone/ plastic sheets from craft shops and create your own with Sharpies. It’s incredibly cute!  
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    Well done YOU, @Raich !!  What a top idea for your wool & knitting!!  

I'll tag a couple of other knitters ..... @Annie C  and @iserbrown

• Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    Great idea @Raich for recycling. I used to have a wooden bowl like that, not sure whether I still have it.
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Wow @Annie C, gorgeous job! :)
  • Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Dory65
    Thankyou. I am one of those hyper perfectionist type people. Rarely am I pleased with my quilts, however this time I am.

My friend was in tears when I gave it to her just before Christmas, as I will be when she and her husband leave next year. Both very good friends for over 30 years.

• AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 942
    Truly a work of love...so beautifully and creatively assembled. I unfortunately can't use my sewing machine anymore due to my peripheral neuropathy...can't feel the pedal or control it, but I can still knit. I've made a few memory square blankets using the mitred square technique, and each is from leftover yarn from other work. This type of hand craft is more than mere stitches on cloth or with yarn, it's weaving memories, love, commitment and so much more. I salute you.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Gorgeous @Annie C

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Annie C,
    Congratulations - What a beautiful quilt - I can imagine how thrilled your friend is, very special. I can get lost in the different patterns and waves of colour. I think I found the close-up block around the top or bottom edge. The border is beautiful too. Could you post another photo showing the quilting?
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That is an amazing artwork, @Annie C ... I can only imagine how many hours it took you to design, cut and see .... I am guessing hundreds!!  Well done you. Xx
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Beautiful @Raich
  • SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    very beautiful Raich