Friday Funnies

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513 โœญ
    @AllyJay ...and so are doughnuts! And who loves doughnuts?? ๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿคค no regrets โœŒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜‹
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951 โœญ
    Thanks to Friday Funnies I've started my day with a laugh - thanks all
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521 โœญ
    Thatโ€™s my shape too, @AllyJay .... with some added rolls ..... I am blaming Covid for my inactivity!
  • arpie

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818 โœญ
    Oh yes, don't get me started !
    We often talk about the 'good old days' when kids were kids.ย  We played in the dirt, we had the gully trap, a dunny man came to the fence so you got a scare when he appeared from under the seat, the antiseptic was phenyl or good old white king (no pretty coloured spray bottles but they kept the germs at bay) and we ate everything on our plate - regardless of like or not.ย  We were pretty poor so i had sandwiches of dripping with salt and pepper - I could never understand why kids would not 'swap' at lunch time !ย  ย ย  :)
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818 โœญ
    Oh, thank you for mentioning that memory @arpie .ย  We were only talking the other night about how all the neighbourhood kids went racing after the ice man and grabbing any chips of ice which flew off the block and onto the dirt - a quick wipe and we were happy !ย  ย We sometimes ended up far from home as the fella travelled and more kids joined the fun.
    My goodness, your poor Mum - it is a wonder she did not get orders for the outfit !
    We had to get up early to get the milk in before the birds pecked at the silver top of the milk bottle and got the cream.
    Maybe we should start a post of 'old memories' ?ย  (Some younger people might never recover).

• ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549 โœญ

ChezaH said:

iserbrown said:

Quotes about Cancer inspirational 27 quotes

This is so lovely hugs Cheryl xx

• FLClover
    Thatโ€™s beautiful @Makday โ˜บ๏ธ.
    I had to laugh at cracked pot friends ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549 โœญ

Makday said:

ahhhh, we all have our flaws, this is a lovely reason why.

An elderly woman had two large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole which she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a crack in it while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of the long walks from the stream to the house, the cracked pot arrived only half full.

For a full two years this went on daily, with the woman bringing home only one and a half pots of water..

Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.

But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it could only do half of what it had been made to do.

After two years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.

'I am ashamed of myself, because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your house.'

The old woman smiled, 'Did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path, but not on the other pot's side?'

'That's because I have always known about your flaw, so I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back, you water them.'

For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate the table.

Without you being just the way you are, there would not be this beauty to grace the house.'

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But it's the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You've just got to take each person for what they are and look for the good in them.

SO, to all of my cracked pot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path!
    God Bless You all !! ๐ŸŒฟ

Author Unknown

That is beautiful thank you for sharing xx
  • arpie
    Here's a wee puzzle for you ....... Say 'YES' if you reckon you've worked it out (and maybe message me your answer .....). Keep this one going!!ย  ;)ย 

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352 โœญ
    Yes
  • FLClover
    Yes