Otis Foundation holiday

FLClover
FLClover Member Posts: 1,513 ✭
edited March 2021 in General discussion

Something positive. This is a pic of the resort in Port Macquarie, where I was on holiday last week with my daughter and partner. It was for 7 nights, provided by the Otis Foundation. It was absolutely fantastic and exactly what we needed. Prob the best holiday I’ve had in 11 (sadly) years. Very relaxing, beautiful, with lots of activities to do when we wanted to.Β 
I found out about the Otis Foundation through this site, so I’m hoping others will also follow suit and sign themselves up for this well-deserved free treat 😊.Β 
I signed myself up in early May, and was told I’d have to wait a while due to Covid, but got dates in early November, which was perfect timing after a couple months post radio.Β 
So check it out ladies, and hope to see your own holiday pics soon πŸ˜πŸ‘ŒπŸ»β™₯️

Otis Foundation

Β«13

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521 ✭
    Fantastic that you enjoyed your break ..... I wasn’t sure if they were up and running again!! Β 
  • FLClover
    edited November 2020
    Thank you @arpie 😊. Thankfully they are. Family next door were there for same reason 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382 ✭
    Hi @FLClover do you have the link? I tried looking it up and it said it wasn’t taking reservations.
    I am not sure if I’m on the right page....
    Caz x
  • FLClover
    Hey @Caz1
    Ive been trying to get on the page for the last 15 mins, but I also can’t. It won’t open. I even tried the link @arpie posted. Not sure why πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ. I did manage to find it on Facebook though, so have a look through there. If not, try the link again tomorrow morning 🀞
  • FLClover
    @Caz1 also, if it doesn’t work tomorrow, let me know and I’ll call or email the woman I spoke to who organised it for meΒ 
  • Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382 ✭
    edited November 2020
    Thanks @FLClover :) Β Ifound a phone number on the Facebook page , will contact. I need a break!

Cazxx
  • FLClover
    @Caz1 I think that you deserve it too πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ˜Š
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911 ✭
    @FLClover your photo looks fantastic.Β  Β I put my name down in with Otis foundation in June.Β  Β I was advised due to covid 19 there is a long waitlist due to cancellations that had to be made.Β  They advised it could be up to 12 months depending on the location you were wanting and of course what state you are in.Β  Β I am happy to wait, havent had a holiday in years as well.Β Β 
  • FLClover
    That’s fantastic @Locksley! They told me the same thing in May, that’s why I was so surprised when they called me in October to tell me they had dates. It was right after a difficult psychologist session and so I was very happy to get that news! You never know, you might get something sooner too hopefully, but even if it’s later it’s still
     very helpful! 😁
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540 ✭
    An Otis retreat is the best medicine ever!
  • FLClover
    @iserbrown totes agree!! πŸŒžπŸ–πŸ‘™πŸ‘’πŸ•ΆπŸŒ¨β›„οΈβ›·πŸ§˜πŸΌπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜
  • Abbydog
    Abbydog Member Posts: 479 ✭
    Does anyone know if there is anything like this in South Australia?

• Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555 ✭
    @Abbydog, it looks like Otis Foundation has four retreat locations in South Australia.Β Β 
  • FLClover

@Abbydog Yep, there appear to be 4. Try this google search to find more info. Click
    on retreats when you reach that page πŸ‘†πŸ»
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521 ✭
    Pretty sure @sister has stayed at one in SA @Abbydog Β ... and loved it.

Good news the lockdown is going to be shorter ...... when will be rid of this pesky disease???