Marilyn's not in my destiny

Sister
Sister Member Posts: 4,960
Feeling ever so slightly (or maybe not so slightly) peeved.  With one of my kids likely to swim the Open Water Classic at Brighton, SA next year, I thought I would sign up to be a Marilyn, have a bit of fun and support the Cancer Council.  Well, I was reading through the registration and got to the part about buying the swimsuits.  Sizing a bit unhelpful with no size guide attached but what really annoyed me was that, A. You don't get to choose the style (and some are a bit plunging) and B. No option for breast form pockets.  And this is run with the Cancer Council!  Really????  And of course, no contact details to complain to.  
Tagged:

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,533
    Very annoying @Sister. One would expect a bit better than that from them 
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    That's a bit perplexing. Contàct the cancer councils marketing department if there is no line of enquiry with the registration.
  • Sister
    It is rather thoughtless, isn't it.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,552
    Sounds like a marketing company on behalf of the event with no idea of what the physical implications are for some survivors of Cancer
    Hope you find the contact to let them know hey, this is a reality not marketing
  • Sister
    Thanks @hankster Got on the fb site and got a message back within a few hours.  She has given me contact details for a lady who makes the suits - just have to find out how much
  • Hankster
    Hankster Member Posts: 86
    So pleased for you.  Have fun
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,533
    Fantastic @Sister 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • iserbrown
    Best wishes for a safe day in the water!  Go girl!
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @Sister Have you had your swim / float.  How did it go?
  • Sister
    7th February - hope it's not too windy!
  • MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    @Sister might have to pop down and have a look this weekend. Ive seen the Marilyns before and it is a dazzling spectacle. Exciting. I hope to join you next year
  • iserbrown
    What a hoot!