New

bell59
bell59 Member Posts: 18
edited November 2020 in General discussion
Have just joined on advice to connect with others, by psychologist. Have had double mastectomy (Mucinous type)and diep flap rebuild Feb 2020 and on AIs now. Have been v emotional  and needed coping skills and resolving of issues. Having been 'overly selfless' mum (2boys grown -both with issues )and (probably Asperger)husband no good at support.  Felt dread before op and guilty and alone after op and looking healthy. ( Am tall,slim, fit and dont look 61) Few friends I opted for as support  think its all good now. Fear of return etc comes in waves between normal life. Looking now more for people who know what its like.
Tagged:

Comments

• Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Hi bell59,
    Sorry you've joined the club nobody wants to be a member of. My BC pathology was mucinous with associated DCIS. I'm sending you a private message.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,266
    Hi @bell59

It's all such a shock isn't it and the ride is so fast as we do this and that on the so called ' journey'. (Hate the word journey). Emotionally It's hard to keep up with it all too. So glad you joined this group. They are great and we can say what we want or need to. 

I am 58 and currently just finished chemo and radium. I am about to go on AIs. I am reasonably fit and look good too so people tell me. Actually they said that during the whole chemo radium thing as well. But no one knows what goes on inside our heads and while friends mean well sometimes it's hard to talk to them about how we feel. It's good you are seeing a professional. I did as well and checking in here is definitely the way to go too as everyone gets it.

Are you into meditation or mindfulness? That can help as well as your exercise. 

I think we all fear or return. I have thought about it as well. I don't dwell on it but I guess at times it is there. I think most of us have thought about it. For me I walk, keep busy, meditate, cook  read, draw, watch movies whatever will distract me. There is no right or wrong but just whatever works. 

Hope you have a good day 💐
  • bell59
    bell59 Member Posts: 18
    Thanks everyone. 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    @bell59
    Welcome to the club no-one wants to join.    The ladies here are wonderful and have saved me many times.
    @AllyJay I also laughed at your trans..port remarks.  Sending hugs xxx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540

Zoffiel said:

Half the battle is realising that we don't suddenly 'get better.' BC is not something that just magically goes away. The best result is a long life disease free--why else would we go through the slicing, dicing, poisoning, frying and pill swallowing business if it wasn't for the hope it would work? Regardless of what treatment you've gone through, the long term reality is often a variety of lingering issues of varying significance. 

Never a truer word spoken!!    It is the lingering issues that are the most wearing!
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    That’s great @Zoffiel, absolutely true 👌🏻👏🏻😊