Webinar - Working well with cancer 22 October 2020

Afraser
Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
edited October 2020 in Community news and events
Free webinar (Zoom) on 22 October, 7pm - 8.30pm EST about returning to work after cancer/treatment (will also touch on lymphoedema). 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/working-well-with-cancer-webinar-and-question-answer-panel-tickets-121300790931
Tagged:

Comments

• SoldierCrab
    SoldierCrab Member Posts: 3,445
    posted to Facebook TNBC group 
  • Afraser
    Many thanks @SoldierCrab
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    I watched this last night. Quite informative. When cognitive issues were discussed, I could relate. I have to work/concentrate much harder than I used to, just to perform 'normally'. The brain scan shown said it all.
  • patdug
    patdug Member Posts: 53
    Hello AFraser
    First time posting here....Just wondering if you can provide a 'copy' of the webinar held last night please...it looked very interesting and informative ...and I missed it Thanks very much.....PD
  • Afraser
    Hi @patdug

Sorry, I just posted the link for info, didn’t participate myself (worked through treatment eight years ago). Perhaps @Dory65 can help? Or there may be something on the website itself. The organiser is Direct SIG at the University of Sydney. 
  • Dory65
    Hi @patdug,
    The email I received after registering was from Nicola Fearn at Sydney Uni.  It was a "no reply" email with no address. Surely they will make a recording available. 

DIRECT SIG, The University of Sydney

Try this link 
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/working-well-with-cancer-webinar-and-question-answer-panel-tickets-121300790931?contact_organizer=1#

• Afraser
    Many thanks @Dory65
  • patdug
    Thank you both AFraser and Dory 65 so much for getting back to me...
    I'll contact the organisers... I too resumed work during treatment... about a third of the way in and found it a great way to focus on something else... in some ways quite therapeutic...but memory (short-term) is an issue for me so I was keen to listen to some diverse and clinical input and information around the effects of treatments on our brains..
    thanks again
    PD
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Hi @patdug
    I had the date for the webinar in my phone and still didn't remember it! LOL    Did you find a recording of the webinar at all?  Cheers

• patdug
    Not yet Locksley...It will be a matter of going back to the organisers I think....sorry I haven't been of mush help yet..
    warmest PD
  • patdug
    Hello again everyone
    I have just found an email address (general enquiries one so it may take a couple of days to be sent on to the relevant area - DIRECT-SIG) and requested a recording of the the helpful event on returning to work during/post treatment. If it  is successful I will upload it to this network...
    warm wishes PD
  • Dory65
    This is the latest:

A Message from DIRECT SIG, The University of Sydney:

Hi, 

Thank you for registering and attending the Working Well with Cancer Webinar. The response to the event has been amazing and we hope you found the presentations and panel discussion helpful. We are busy preparing the videos and the responses to all the questions we were unable to answer on the night due to time. Thank you for your patience - we will get these to you very soon!

We would kindly ask for a couple of minutes of your time to complete the feedback survey if you attended on the night. Your feedback really helps us improve future events and your responses are anonymous.

https://sydneyhealthsciences.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_be0mLzuG17dR71j

Kind regards

Nicola, on behalf of the Working Well with Cancer organising committee and DIRECT SIG

• Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Thank you @Dory65
  • patdug
    Thanks Dory 65 - I have emailed Nicola and asked that the recording be made available - as described in her email you posted - which I received too, so that will be good :) ...thanks for following up..  :)
  • Tasia
    Tasia Member Posts: 126
    @patdug and @Dory65 - If the recording is made available, I would very much be interested in accessing it also. I have continued to work throughout the AC cycles - much leaner work and only after I was able to identify my best and most functional days - I had to learn to manage chemo brain. Now waiting to see what Taxol will dish out. Many thanks :-)