Weight & Letrozole

Hendrix
Hendrix Member Posts: 322
edited September 2020 in Health and wellbeing
I’m sure this has been discussed many a times...those on letrozole and who look 9 months pregnant...what has worked for you to lose some weight? xx
Tagged:

Comments

• iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    BCNA website has a lot of interesting reading.  Hopefully reading through this link it may help with the reasons around weight

https://www.bcna.org.au/health-wellbeing/physical-wellbeing/healthy-eating/
  • Hendrix
    @iserbrown thank you I’ll have a read x
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    Walking daily for an hour and also helps with my emotional state .Its me time when I think and listen to music on my phone.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I’ve whacked on a good 5kg+ during the year so far ... the inactivity adding to it, methinks!  :( 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    I don’t think Letrozole has had an effect on my weight (nearly eight years) but the pandemic has made me a walker. Not marathons but every day - no weight gain and feel fitter. 
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    And probably a lot more relaxed and less stressed about it all  @Afraser - least it does for me.
  • Afraser
    Like you, @Romla, I listen to music on my headphones (hooray for ABC Classic!) - it’s good thinking time. I’ve been writing a bit and walking helps me get my thoughts in order. I’m also getting to know my more distant neighbours better, which is good too. 
  • Leia
    Leia Member Posts: 39
    nothing nothing seems to work for me 😢. Walking is a lifeline for me but the weight still climbs.
  • Hendrix
    @Afraser I’m envious that Letrozole hasn’t  affected you :( x
  • Hendrix
    @Leia same 😢
  • Afraser
    Ah, it hasn’t affected my weight! I have had vaginal atrophy (much improved by very small amounts of oestrogen cream but does not much for my libido!) and my bone density is now about average for my age (at 68 I had the bone density of a 35 year old, sob!). I don’t think anyone gets a free run. On the other hand, I am the first to rejoice that I have no pain, flushes or anything of that sort. If nothing awful happens with my bone density (it’s pretty stable at the moment) I will try and stick Letrozole for ten years (two and a bit to go). My line has always been to do what was recommended as far as possible. I’ve been lucky that nothing has been impossible so far, when it very easily might have been. I greatly admire those sticking the course with painful and demoralising side effects. 
  • Hendrix
    @Afraser vagina! I don’t have a partner and worried if I do find one...as there is nothing going on down there lol....and yes like you will do what is recommended and soldier on 😊
  • Afraser
    I have a partner, he’s both understanding and conscious of the fact that at his age (he’s four days younger - we have an enjoyable younger man/ older woman four day interval annually!) his performance isn’t perfect either. Never think it’s just you! Humour and love are very powerful for almost any situation. 
  • Hendrix
    @Afraser true but because of the lack of interest on my part...intimacy is a bit scary...
  • Afraser
    Understandable, but you’ve had cancer, you can do scary!