Any suggestions for eyebrows?

Shellshocked2018_
Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
After finishing chemotherapy and radiation treatment 12 months ago, my eyebrows are very thin and patchy still.
Just wondering if anyone has gone down the path of having their eyebrows tattooed? If so any recommendations ?
Thanks in Advance 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    I haven't but I do colour them and occasionally get it done professionally.  Rather than pencilling in the gappy bits, I now use a powder that I got from the eyebrow place.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I had mine tattooed and very pleased. Research and ask for actual pictures of their work before doing.
  • Shellshocked2018_
    If you don’t mind me asking Primek , where did you have yours done?
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Sister, do you get your eyebrows tinted?
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Yes - I use 1000 Hours at home but go to a place in Tea Tree Plaza every now and then to get them shaped and tinted professionally.  I've always been a bit wary of the tattooing - if it's done well, it looks great, but too many end up with weird caterpillars over their eyes.
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    If you’re not sure about tattooing there is some good new eyebrow makeup that can provide a temporary look - they are much better than the eyebrow pencils of old to use and the colours are much  more subtle as it seems eyebrows are ‘in‘ atm. I bought a product at Woolies called More Brows which I like and was reasonably priced - doubtless the department stores have more in popular brands Maybe a consult with a department store makeup artist might be useful?
  • shs14
    shs14 Member Posts: 146
    @Shellshocked2018_ I have the same issue and recently bought and used Refectocil eyebrow dye to use at home. It's cheap and I liked the idea you can put the amount you want on rather than having it done professionally and maybe being too heavy. My eyebrows are pretty light to start with. It was easy and I was really pleased with the result. 
    So good not having to think about it on a daily basis.
    I went quite light and used the light brown first and it has faded quite quickly, in the last couple of weeks, but I will be more confident next time. It takes minutes to do and you would get lots of uses from a tube. 
    I bought mine from beautopia and they had great service.

• Kattykit
    Kattykit Member Posts: 252
    I had mine microbladed, I just took in a photo of how I wanted it done and the result is fantastic. If you go to a reputable salon you shouldn't have any problems. 
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Thank you everyone for your feedback and your personal stories.
    Very much appreciated 

Thank you x
  • Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Hi @Shellshocked2018_ My PS has a cosmetic tattooist based at his clinic and I am booking in to have my brows tattooed - I don’t know all of the technical terms. I finished chemo in May and I hated losing my brows and I decided that my reward would be having a permanent solution as soon as I could. I can’t wait! I hope you find someone near you. In the meantime, I use a product from ‘Benefit’ - they have lots of different things for brows. I use ‘Kabrow’ and it kind of darkens and fills my brows out. 
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Hi Mazbeth, would love to see a pic once you have your eyebrows done.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    Mine were done locally but by a lady from Sydney. You need a cosmetic tattooist and I did have mine done before I lost them all so when they grew back they just became 3 dimensional.

This lady does eyebrow, lip and nipple tattoos. Sge did use to travel to Mildura but probably not presently.

http://www.suesavage.com.au/index.html

• Lisa1407
    Lisa1407 Member Posts: 258
    I haven't lost any hair yet as I am still on oral chemo. However, my eyebrows are so blonde naturally (with the odd grey hair now!) that I had my eyebrows tattooed about 5 years ago. You need to have a top up every 18 months to 2 years. I love my tattooed eyebrows. I am based in Melbourne and have access to a woman who has done so much training and just loves to make your eyebrows look good. @Shellshocked2018_  don't suppose a trip to Melbourne is on your list?! See Hollywood Eyebrows (www.hollywoodeyebrows.com.au).

• Shellshocked2018_
    Thanks Lisa1407.
    unfortunately I won’t be making a trip to Melbourne anytime soon.
    Will look it up,though
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911

Hi @Shellshocked2018_ I purchased this from ebay and it works OK with a bit of practice.  Comes with 2 stamps and cream type powder.  Can get it in different colours.    Husband and Daughter helped me a few times and I had eyebrows where they shouldnt be but we got a bit better at it.   Priced anywhere from $8.00 - $20.00.  Comes with 2 different shapes.     I did have my eyebrows tattooed a few years ago and they have long faded now.  When this BC business is over I will look at doing them again.   I got mine down in Melbourne.  

Delicated Eyebrow Powder Seal Makeup Tool Quick Natural Shapes Brow Stamp Lazy