TNBC & INVASIVE PLEOMORPHIC LOBULAR CARCINOMA

Jennim
Jennim Member Posts: 10
edited September 2020 in Newly diagnosed
Hi,
Back again after 6 years clear.  TNBC 2013/2014 right breast. Surgery, chemo & rads. Rediagnosed early Sept...surgery 11th sept-results say another cancer found. Surgery again 18th -Now TNBC & Invasive Pleomorphic Lobular Carcinoma & DCIS in the left breast. Have any of you ladies been diagnosed with 2 types of carcinomas at the same time? 

Comments

• ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    You have had a rough time having yo go through it twice. 
     I had 2 tumours which were a mixture of invasive lobular and ductal (1.5 and 1.2 cm) - both ER and PR positive. Then after 2nd surgery to take the rest of the breast it was found to have  86 mm of pleomorphic DCIS and LCIS. Basically that breast was very disease filled! I am intending to have my other breast off as soon as I can - I see my surgeon this Friday.  
  • Jennim
    did your surgeon recommend total mastectomy or was this your call?
  • ddon
    My surgeon has not been keen to remove my ‘healthy’ breast but due to very dense breast tissue - an MRI did not pick up the DCIS or LCIS - I do not trust scans anymore. My oncologist agrees with me and has recommended to my surgeon to take my other breast. I want it gone. 
    Have you had yours off or just lumpectomy’s? My breast were just too small anyway to just take the affected areas. I barely scrape an A cup. 
  • Jennim
    Hi,
    I had a lumpectomy on my right side 2013 with TNBC.  Have had 2 wide excisions/lumpectomy surgeries in the last 2 weeks on my left side for TNBC & IPLC & DCIS.  Drs team a little baffled about how I have TNBC again in the opposite breast - I have to redo the BRCA test to confirm results.  Had the gene testing 2014 and it was all negative...bloody hope it was correct as I have a 20 year old daughter! I am rather busty but don't care if I lose them....talking to the onc Tuesday so will discuss then. 
  • ddon
    It’s a crap disease isn’t it. Once is enough; twice is just not ok.  Here’s hoping it never happens again!