Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

it's been a while

swills
swills Member Posts: 17
edited September 2020 in Metastatic breast cancer
Hello, everyone. It has been a while since I posted here. Hope you are all going along ok. i'm just ticking along with my treatment, ibrance and letrozole which seems to be going well for me at the moment. l'm a Melbourne girl - so the challenges of lockdown are ongoing for us still, but we are hanging in there. I have nothing really interesting to say sorry  🙂    - I just wanted to reach out. 
love Sarah 
Tagged:

Comments

• Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    I'm a bit the same. Nothing to say, but it's nice to feel connected in some way.
    Shut down in regional Vic is probably more agreeable than being in Melbourne, but it's still bloody boring. The irony of a woman who usually has to be dragged out of the house having a grizzle about not being allowed to go anywhere is not lost on me...
  • swills
    It's true! I can relate to that for sure... just simple family and friends visits will be wonderful when we can again! Hoping that the numbers will be to a stage soon where we can. I heard whispers on the news that regional Victoria might get some relief sooner rather than later... hope so! take care xx
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @swills

Melbourne lockdown is not much fun when we see the defiance of some 
    Spring is here and hopefully the numbers keep improving, like the weather is, and Melbourne is not locked down quite so hard

Take care and stay safe
  • swills
    Yes - tough times. Looking forward to easing back to stage 3 and 2 - will be really nice. Hope regional restrictions lift soon too! stay well and safe. xx 
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Take care my Victorian friends and fingers crossed that the restrictions ease soon.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Hi, I don't have much to say either.   I am in stage 3.   Elderly Parents are in lockdown and they are struggling with not being able to see family.   We have had a few video calls but it's not the same.  Mum usually has the phone sideways!    I really miss going to the movies and having cake and coffee out with friends.   Sending hugs xxx
  • swills
    I just heard on the news that stage 3 for regional is going to be slowly lifted. So good. It's really hard for everyone but especially aged care residents... a room and a few video calls are their world.  Hoping you can see your Mum soon @Locksley - all the those simple things like movies, coffee, cake  and hugs seems like a luxury now! Sending hugs back to you xx  Thank you @Sister - hope you are going ok too xx 
  • swills
    That's good to hear @FLClover - glad you are beginning to feel 'normal' again - this is a great feeling isn't it? Something so simple. Hugs to you also x