38 temperature

T0mmy
T0mmy Member Posts: 14
edited September 2020 in Day to day
How long should I wait before I go to hospital after hitting 38 temp. Had paclitaxel today and had two toenails removed 2 weeks ago due to treatment. I don’t want to be a drama queen. I have a 6 year old son sound asleep beside me.

Comments

• Cathyw
    Cathyw Member Posts: 117
    Talk to your team if your unwell...38 is not normal range. Get help
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I would go to hospital if I hit 38. Any infection risk with chemo should be treated early. 
  • T0mmy
    Thank you
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    We are told we are at risk of neutropenia.  Did the chemo nurses explain that to you?  I would go also if I had a temperature of 38.  Best to be safe.  
  • Hils
    Hils Member Posts: 55
    @TOmmy I  had a temp of 38 whilst having a similar chemo docetaxel and went to ed. Ended up with pneumonia . I only had a small cough now and again. Temp wouldnt go down so was admitted for a week! Best to get things checked straight away then they can give you the right antibiotics if needed.  Have you got someone who can look after your little boy, I hope so? Good luck, please get checked.💗🤗
  • T0mmy
    Thank you so much ladies! Temp finally went down at 1230. Keeping close eye on it today and will go to hospital straight away next time. I hope you are all kicking cancers butt!!