Palliative care crisis in Victoria - Can you help us? 11/9/2020

Giovanna_BCNA
Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
edited September 2020 in Community news and events

Hello everyone,

We are reaching out to our network as we are seeing a palliative care crisis in the state of Victoria.

We are going to be sending out a media release to highlight the issues associated with visitor restrictions in hospitals and those needing care in the community who are not able to access much needed services.

We are looking for someone that is currently experiencing these challenges or can appreciate these challenges to help BCNA with the message.

Media won’t speak to us without speaking to someone going through these challenges .

If you or one of your family members would be willing to contribute we would love to hear from you.

Please contact Vicki Durston directly on 0411 212 261.

Thanking you

kind regards Giovanna

Tagged:

Comments

• Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    edited September 2020
    Hi Giovanna
    I was going to be volunteering with Banksia Palliative Care which are located in a suburb in Melbourne, then the virus came along.  I am sure they would be able to give you some more details of what challenges they are experiencing as a result of the current restrictions.  On thing for sure was that I didn't start volunteering in the end as too risky for me at this point in time.
    The contact details are as follows:-

Banksia Palliative Care
    Telephone:- (03) 9411 9411

Hope that helps.
    Kind regards
    Keeping positive

P.S. Perhaps Vicki could give them a call, could be a place to start getting a bit more insight into the struggles some organisations are experiencing in respect of not being able to support those much now in need of palliative care support, visitations and caregiving.