Change in Needle Core Biopsy Site

Raich
Raich Member Posts: 114
Hi All,
I had a needle core biopsy 9 days ago. Haven’t had much discomfort but my breast is a bit achy this morning and the lump is bigger. I’m hoping this is normal. I made the mistake of googling and opened up a Pandora’s box of nightmares! 😬 
Anyone with similar symptoms? 
Thanks xxx

Comments

• K2boobs
    K2boobs Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I had the same thing. My breast was inflamed and huge for a couple days... then it settled down and has been painful and weepy inside. After a few days that has now gone.
  • June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Oh no, Dr Google is not the best medical facility to visit.  (But most have done it ).  As with any time during this new 'saga' you are concerned it is best to visit your doctor.  You know your body best so as you've now listened to it you have to take the action.   :)   Worrying will stress you out so please make an appointment with your GP for the peace of mind.
    All the best.   <3

• Raich
    I have an appointment with the Breastcare nurses on Monday - will chat to them. My doc is brilliant, has let me know I can leave messages for her anytime. I am seeing her Weds morning To get my CT scan results but if the lump ( feel like I need to give it an evil name) is still feeling weird on Monday I’ll drop her a line. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    @Raich

The BCNA website has a wealth of information that will help you along the way.  This link is part of understanding the pathology of biopsies et cetera and an intro to the BCNA website

https://www.bcna.org.au/media/2140/breast_cancer_pathology_fact_sheet_0.pdf

Take care and best wishes with your appointment and yes keep away from Dr Google as it will only do your head in 

• June1952
    June1952 Member Posts: 1,818
    Good to hear @Raich
    Best to get it checked out.  Knowing you have the appointment scheduled does help in the meantime, doesn't it ?  The breast care nurse will get you an earlier appointment if there is any concern.  Do you know if you have a temperature ?
    Oh yes, names are good but I can't think of one for you right now - too cold here for my brain to be funny.  You will read all sorts of names on this site. My BC was gone so quickly (mastectomy) that it never got a name but the poor Miss Leftie gets all sorts of stories told as she hangs her head in shame with her mate gone.  :)   When we see perky boobs as ladies on TV are in bed she just knows she is really oh so naturale !!!  (She hangs off to the side !).  :D   :D

• Raich
    Don’t think I’ve got a temp. Feeling fine. Managed a workout every day since Thursday - maybe Lumpyb**** doesn’t like that!? (I sure didn’t while I was doing them) 🤣
  • K2boobs
    K2boobs Member Posts: 2
    Do you mean a gym workout after a biopsy? Not a good idea...
  • Raich
    Oh. The biopsy was 9 days ago. I didn’t exercise until 5 days afterwards. Haven’t had any discomfort until today. 
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,540
    Oh some info suggests no lifting,  gym work or jogging for 2-3 weeks after a core biopsy 

This link will help as you start treatment, suggests a medical clearance before commencing exercise 

https://www.bcna.org.au/health-wellbeing/physical-wellbeing/exercise-and-staying-fit/
  • Raich
    I was just told to rest for 24 hours afterwards. I’ll chat to the nurse Monday. Next workout isn’t til Tuesday. 
  • Raich
    Need them though! Saving my sanity and helping me sleep!
  • ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    I was jogging the day after my core biopsy, and shovelling wheelbarrow loads of dirt and laying turf 2 days later. No one told me I couldn’t and I didn’t think of it. I never had any discomfort but that maybe because my breast was so small.
  • Raich
    I’m small too :) 
    good to hear you got active too :) 
  • ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    My breast was black and bruised for sure - maybe I shouldn’t have been so active. I have just healed up after radiation and my oncologist sternly told me ‘no jogging’. I was too sore anyway but it was so good to get started again. My advice for treatment ahead is to be as active as you can be - but also taking advice and doing as your dr tells you - whenever you can because it’s so good for mental health, which I am sure you already know. 
  • Raich
    Absolutely, I’ve been very open with my trainer, and also sent her the BCNA link. Definitely want to be as fit as I can heading into this sh**storm!