Post chemo hair ....everywhere!!

ddon
ddon Member Posts: 349
edited August 2020 in Day to day
So my hair is growing back with a vengeance, but not just on my head. My face is unbelievably hairy - thankfully white so not too obvious, but it’s on my cheeks, chin even my nose has little fine white hairs. So, if others have experienced thus, what did you use to get rid of it?

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I didn’t have very much facial hairs , although the usual suspects returned with a vengeance, but it’s apparently quite common. It’ll probably diminish naturally but others may have better ideas about how to deal with it in the interim. We need the Goldilocks solution, not too little and not too much. Best wishes. 
  • JennyD78
    JennyD78 Member Posts: 69
    I got that white downy hair regrowth on my face, and continue to 2 years later.  I get my beautician to wax my cheeks/side of face and chin.  
  • Karenp23
    Karenp23 Member Posts: 21
    @Ddon this has happened to me also 😒 I'm not normally a hairy person but my face, ears, for head have white downy hair. My  eyebrows grew out of control and now I'm losing some on the ends so I have half brows ATM really weird!
  • ddon
    Ahh I feel better that I am not alone!  I guess a wax job could be coming. So far my eyebrows aren’t too crazy but as for my cheeks etc - it’s a little confronting. 
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Yes this happened to me recently after my hair started growing back. It’s so fluffy and white.
    It was growing quicker on my face in places I didn’t want it than anywhere else lol...
    Quickly got out the Nair face cream.
  • Cath62
    Cath62 Member Posts: 1,267
    Try the Braun Epilator. It is great for facial hair.
  • ddon
    Have any of you ladies found that it comes back spiky or darker after waxing or creams, epilator etc? My leg hair did that after waxing and I’m abit scared what might happen on my face. 
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323

See @Flaneuse "Nobody told me I'd look like Teen Wolf" thread.

I'm a big lazer hair removal fan. Best for dark hair/fair skin combo. I believe IPL can zap fine fair hair if lazer hair removal can't. Worth trying as little to no ongoing cost or maintenance (despite initial outlay being a bit pricey). Then there's Dermaplaning. I've not tried it. Might be the solution?
  • ddon
    Ha ha. Teen wolf exactly. Who does the laser hair removal ?
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Lazer Clinics Australia where I live, but there are many different providers around. Check the online reviews for your area.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Yes I also have a hairy white face happening.  Not happy JAN!
  • ddon
    😁😜
  • Caibo
    Caibo Member Posts: 52
    @ddon, I had the same issues. before chemo I never had a visibly hairy face but it was crazy the growth I had about 6 weeks post chemo. I bought one of the flawless facial hair removers and it did the job nicely.I have used it twice in a month and now the hair doesn’t seem to be growing back again or at least it has slowed down considerably. 
    Also re laser,I looked into it but the clinics wouldn’t do it for at least 6 months post chemo. If it does grow back again I will consider laser once I reach that time frame. 
  • ddon
    Hi Caibo. Is that a cream? Chemist? 
  • Caibo
    Caibo Member Posts: 52
    @ddon,its a small facial hair remover gadget. I bought mine from the shavershop but they are also available from some chemists. I first bought a cheaper one at the chemist but returned it as it wasn’t working properly.I recommend getting it from the shaver shop.That one worked beautifully and comes with a 1 year warranty and can be returned/repaired etc.