Home from Surgery

2»

Comments

• Lisa_E66
    Lisa_E66 Member Posts: 14
    hey lovely @locksley. Been thinking of you and sending you every strength for tomorrow xxx
  • Fern88
    Fern88 Member Posts: 35
    Hi @Locksley
    Hope all goes well with your port and your 1st cycle tomorrow 
    Sending hugs xo
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911

Hi @lisa_E66 and @Fern88.  

Thank you for your wishes.  I am feeling a little anxious tonight.   Will keep you posted how it all goes.  Sending hugs xxx

• Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    @Locksley, go well today! Thinking of you. Lots of love Tinks xx
  • Fern88
    Fern88 Member Posts: 35
    Hi @Locksley I hope you went alright with your 1st chemo session on Thursday 
    Sending you hugs xo
  • MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    Thanks for putting such an honest account of your surgery here. I didn't see it before mine in early July but much of it was similar. 

Its hard to ask for help somehow isn't it?

On my stay, I had a bleed which required a second operation after the first. Then the next day I fainted on the toilet and found myself on the other side of the room with undies around my ankles and bumps on my head. I managed to pull up undies before ringing for help. Priorities! Its a humorous tale to tell now but I got a lot of attention that day and no more toileting alone. Low blood pressure apparently.  I asked my husband and mother to hover outside the toilet when they were in! 

Hope all is going well.

Michele
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    HI @MicheleR gosh that would have be awful having to have a 2nd operation due to a bleed.  It's so much to bear isn't it.  Well done pulling up undies before ringing for help.  The things we do.  Hope all is going well for you.    Yes I am plodding along.  I have had 3 AC chemo sessions.   Have no hair now fell out just before 2nd session.  The pain on my scalp was so intense just before it fell out.   I have one more AC session (have these every 3 weeks) and then I go onto weekly sessions for 12 weeks and then radiation.  I just take one appointment at a time.  Here if you need me.  Sending hugs xxx
  • MicheleR
    MicheleR Member Posts: 343
    Hi @Locksley,

Sounds like you are doing well. Im healing up and due to start what seems like similar chemo regime in 2 weeks. Im thinking of pre-emptively getting my hair cut very short before it falls out. And about to go hat shopping. Making the most of opportunities to have some fun out of this odd situation. 

Best wishes
    Michele