Creative Corner!

Comments

• Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @CarmelS Have another look. I just typed in CWA cookbook esk and got a few matches, even a Facebook page!
  • CarmelS
    CarmelS Member Posts: 268
    Gosh, its probably a few years since I last looked. But there is a picture on pinterest.....I always remembered it was red & green, but half the front cover was missing & the back was completely gone. I might actually have another look at finding one to buy. Thanks heaps Blossom1961. Who knows I may get one !!!
    Carmel
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    Dear @Locksley and others,
    Shades of scrapbooking; but who remembers playing with  stamps and inkpads whey you were young? And what about making cardboard dolls with paper dresses with the tags at the shoulders? I think I am talking pre-Barbie  here!

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    I loved dress up dolls - cutting the dresses out oh so carefully (more than once a shoulder tab had to be sellotaped back on!). One Christmas, my father gave me a pre-loved mini mannequin - just like the shop window displays but about a fifth of the size. Occupied me for months! And no, I have no particular dressmaking skills at all - can do something if I absolutely have to but I think I expended all my enthusiasm before I was 10. 
  • Beryl C.
    Beryl C. Member Posts: 270
    Any one's Mum make Gum-nut Babies at Xmas time using gum nuts and pink playdough (flour and water)? Dried quickly on the West facing verandah, in the summer heat before Xmas but had to be watched as the blue tongue lizards loved the dough? As for a mini mannequin, that would have been heaven! The cat wasn't too keen on being dressed in dolls' clothes.
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    Yes, I remember paper dolls and cutting out their clothes with tabs to fold down.  Was fun. 
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    I remember sneaking and playing with my sisters’ paper dolls when no one was watching. I wasn’t allowed to have any as I might wreck them. They never knew so I must have been careful enough.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Funny Sewing Memes  Sewing humor Sewing quotes Quilting quotes
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,543
    Funny Sewing Gift May Your Bobbin Always Be Full - Maise and Rose
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951

Yes, and  check before you start sewing; otherwise you might find you have carefully sewn 2 metres of curtain hem with no bottom thread!!
  • Raich
    Raich Member Posts: 114
    I swing between drawing and knitting. I’ve got 2 or 3 knitting projects waiting for me. My incredibly patient daughter is still waiting for a poncho I began before Christmas.... think it will be next winter before she can wear it.... 
    There is a local lady who is asking for donations for a Yarn Bomb thingo at the end of September. She is aiming for 30,000 pieces (if I remember correctly). So that’s piqued my interest.