Triple Neg.. Good News

2MC
2MC Member Posts: 59
edited July 2020 in General discussion
It’s been a while since I last posted
last post I was going through  my first round of A/C and in hospital with Neutropenia 
well I ended up in hospital 2 more times after that but luckily nothing to serious.

July 3rd I went for my lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node removal (3 in total)
all seems to have gone well although still a little tender.

on the 14th of July (yesterday) I went to see my surgeon and I’m pleased to say I had a full pathological response to my chemotherapy. Clear margins and clear lymph nodes. Radiation is still happening but that’s ok. I see this as a positive thing.

I am so pleased with my result and wanted to share my good news in hope it bring’s hope to others with triple neg like myself but also to other fellow breast cancer fighters out there

I know that I have a long road still ahead of me to be classed as a survivor but it’s a bloody  good start and I’m going to enjoy every milestone that brings hope.

peace love and best wishes to all x

Comments

• ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    That’s wonderful. So good to know the misery of chemo was all worth it xx
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That is awesome news, @2MC !!    All the best for your rads & ongoing treatment xx

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950

• PV123
    PV123 Member Posts: 202
    That is very good news @2MC, best of luck with the remaining treatment.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Great news 😊. Keep positive ☺️ Xx
  • Mouse22
    Mouse22 Member Posts: 1
    @2MC Although not triple negative, my story is similar to yours. I recently was told of my pathological complete response and the small number of people who get this from chemo and surgery. It’s a great feeling. There was no getting out of radiotherapy, I am now one week in xx
  • 2MC
    Thanks everyone it’s a great feeling to share some positive news xx
    @Mouse22 I’m so happy for you and was going to ask how radiation is going?

@Shellshocked2018_im so glad you are doing well we have spoken a few times now.
    is radiation a walk in the park? My breast nurse said I’ll have to practice fill ing my lungs and holding my breath for 20 sec because radiation can damage your heart and lungs especially since mine is on the left side
  • FLClover
    @2MC radiation is quite easy. Probably the hardest part about it is if you get any symptoms after a couple of weeks, such as fatigue and bad skin reactions. Mine has so far been very good, knock on wood, and I’ve done 3 weeks, with 2 more to go. I am using Mepitel film dressing which I think is helping a lot with my skin, which is only slightly red. I’m having it on both sides as I had bilateral bc. Yes, you do need to hold a deep breath in for 20 seconds at a time but this is not difficult, esp if you practice prior. Good luck with it, and once again very happy to hear your good news 😊. 
    Mon Xx
  • 2MC
    @FLClover thank you for getting back to me on this and for the tip I’ll go to the chemist and go look for tis product before I start.
    Im assuming unlike Chemotherapy we can live life as usual and eat and drink as normal 
    thanks and good luck to you with the remainder of your treatment too xx
  • FLClover
    @2MC no problem at all 😊. You can’t find the Mepitel at a regular chemist, it’s quite hard. The hospital should supply it for you. I had to order my own at the beginning and I could only find it online, at Independance, and it’s quite expensive. It arrived pretty quickly though. Luckily after the first week my clinic started supplying it. It’s fiddly but stick with it. If not, Strata or Flamma gel is the next best thing. And yes, life continues as normal during radio. Probably make sure you drink plenty of water and rest when you’re tired, but other than that no changes. 
    Mon Xx
  • 2MC
    edited July 2020
    @FLClover
    Great tips...Thanks again x
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Hi 2MC, 
    Radiotherapy is a walk in the park after chemotherapy.
    Mepitel Film wasn’t given to me, I did ask but they said I wouldn’t need it as I didn’t have a full mastectomy. I have known of others that have had the Mepitel with good results. So ask the doctor at your first appointment before commencing Radiotherapy. They don’t offer, so ask the question if this is available to you.
    Don’t get to stressed about holding your breath for 20-30 seconds during treatment, it becomes quite easy believe it or not.
    Yes mine was also my left hand side so you have to fill your lungs and hold your breath to protect your heart.Start practising now when you lay down at night before you go to sleep, it’s much easier lying down than standing. Just practice every night and slowly build up to the time.
    When you have Radiotherapy you have the control button in your hand, so if you find that you can’t hold your breath any longer you let go of the button, and do it again until the correct dose has been given. So don’t loose to much sleep over it. They are so good at the Radiotherapy unit, they will guide you and make you feel at ease.

Life will be a lot more enjoyable having Radiotherapy, you may get tired as the treatment goes on, just keep hydrated and look after your skin and keep moisturising throughout the day, rest when you need to.
    I used MooGoo udder cream. When my skin was really red and sore with slight peeling the nurse put me onto Bepanthem soothing cream, which was applied on my skin like thick butter and was wrapped in a padded dressing. I had a great result with no major burning or infections, skin stayed in tact.

Radiotherapy I was able to lead a more normal life, just be aware your immune system will still be low, so stay away from people that are unwell.

Be kind to yourself xx
  • 2MC
    @Shellshocked2018_ thank you for your information about radiation. I feel so much more relaxed knowing about the button thing.
    still a little nervous knowing it can damage your heart but I’ve got this far. 
    Cheers Mel x