My mum has just been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer

BlancaP
BlancaP Member Posts: 12
Hi, I joined this network because my mum has just been diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer.  Mum had left side mastectomy and axillary clearance in October 2018.  Mum lives with me and I am her full time carer though I also have a full time job. I hope to find information and support in this forum so that I can help mum through this difficult time. If possible, I would like to join a relevant discussion group. Thanks

Comments

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,533
    Hello @BlancaP, very sorry to hear about your mum. I think joining this forum was a great idea. There’s a lot of support here from ladies going through something similar, which I’m sure you’ll get from tomorrow onwards. There’s a metastatic bc group that you can also request to join. Good luck with everything Xx
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    Welcome @BlancaP You're definitely not the first support person on this forum - good that your Mum has someone to help her through this.
  • BlancaP
    Hi, thanks for your support.  I tried to join the 'living with metastatic breast cancer' group but couldn't do it.  Would anyone be able to assist please?
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,568
    So sorry to hear of your Mum’s diagnosis ... well done for stepping up to the plate to support her and help her thru her treatment.

I will tag the Mets mods ... @Riki_BCNA, @BCNA ... can you help @BlancaP to join the Mets group, please?

All the best for you and your mum ... put up any question that either of you want .. and you will get honest answers from those who’ve gone before.

take care xx
  • BlancaP
    Thank you so much for your support <3
  • Riki_BCNA
    Riki_BCNA Staff Posts: 323
    edited July 2020
    Hello and welcome @BlancaP I have sent you an invite to join the MBC group. Please don't hesitate to call the BCNA helpline to speak to a cancer nurse for information and support on 1800 500 258