Urgent Removal of tissue expander

Bluebell5
Bluebell5 Member Posts: 11
edited February 2020 in General discussion
Hi there, 
just curious as to know if anyone had to get the tissue expander/s removed due to pain, severe pectoral spasms and body basically rejecting it?

Comments

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I certainly was in a great deal of discomfort until about 5.5 weeks...I was thinking I would need mine out. Then suddenly it wasn't an issue.
    Even after changeover it is a different feeling and it takes some getting used to.
  • Tinkat
    Tinkat Member Posts: 22
    I have had mine in for 11 months now doing chemo and radiotherapy which I wasn't expecting.  will be glad to get it out in Sept (after birth of grand-daughter).  It's uncomfortable and I didn't have the full amount injected to expand, stopped after my second chemo session it was all too much for me.  I think I will be glad to have done it but the past 10 months have been tight and uncomfortable.
  • Flaneuse
    Flaneuse Member Posts: 899
    @Bluebell5 I chose to have mine out and go flat, because it was SO uncomfortable and often painful. The mesh (inserted to support the implant) also dug into me. I had it in for 18 months because I had to wait until after chemo then radiation then wait for post-radiation healing, then availability of surgeon. I was so glad to see (feel!) it gone!