Bras for larger sizes

Louise64
Louise64 Member Posts: 112
edited June 2020 in Newly diagnosed
I was wondering if anyone knows of a store Brisbane Northside that caters for 20E/F post surgery bra-as  my surgery next Tuesday .
thank you 💕

Comments

• Mazbeth
    Mazbeth Member Posts: 199
    Hi @Louise64 there is a shop called Big Girls Don’t Cry Anymore at Virginia. You could give them a call and see if they can help you or refer you to another stockist. I hope the surgery goes well, I had a BMX almost a week ago and I am doing ok so far . 🌻🌻
  • Louise64
    Thank you 😊 
  • Mazbeth
    Hi, I should add that KMart do a post surgery bra that goes to a size 18 -20. They have a zipper front opening. They come in a pack of 2 and cost $19 for the 2. I have heard they are excellent. They have removable pads in them. Unfortunately I could not get them in my size, but you may have more luck. Stocks are low because of Covid issues. 🙂
  • Louise64
    Unfortunately they are out of stock and no date when they’ll be back in stock. That’s my surgeon recommended. I’m going to have to get the Berlei Y130 I think ... 
  • Louise64
    I ended up at David Jones with a soft stretch Amoena post op bra. Only size 20D I could find north Brisbane. I don’t know how firm they need to be - found Berlei uncomfortable. Bought 2! 
  • Mazbeth
    That’s great you were able to find one. I am not sure about how firm they need to be either. Apparently Target and Big W may also stock similar bras to the Kmart bras. 😁
  • Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    I found a bra at Target I liked better than the Berlei bra I was given by my bc nurse, not sure what size they went up to, though. 
  • Locksley
    Locksley Member Posts: 911
    I got a 20DD one in Target for the days I need to go out.   Softer than the Berlei one that dug into me.   Still uncomfortable to wear at the moment everyday. 
  • Louise64
    I was there yesterday - but no bigger sizes - I’ll look online - thank you 😊 
  • Mazbeth
    Hi - good news, I ventured out for the first time today and checked out Best and Less and Big W (on the Southside) and both have the same zipper front bras. Big W had a limited range ($15) and I don’t know what size they went up to. However, Best and Less had a great range in lots of colours. (White, black, beige, pink, red, stripes etc) and they went up to size 28-30 and they cost $12 each. The good news is they had loads of stock.
    I also bought a curved pillow as I have heard these are great for post surgery. I got one at Big W for $15. 🙂
  • Louise64
    Will go online now- thank you 🙏 
  • Jwrenn
    Jwrenn Member Posts: 144
    I bought a zip front bra at Best and Less too. They had quite a variety from memory.
  • Louise64
    I was lucky to find Amoena post surgery, front fastening bras at David Jones at a reasonable price as others at chain stores  not supportive enough where my lumpectomy located. 
    Ordering more tomorrow. Thanks for everyone’s help 🌸🌸🌸
  • Leia
    Leia Member Posts: 39
    I came across really soft bras for radiation from an American site, Makemerry. They are not cheap, and at present took about 3 weeks to get to me (a couple of days from ordering to arrival at the airport in Sydney then 2 weeks to reach me!) If you have some time before treatment it’s worth looking at their website.
  • Leia
    Leia Member Posts: 39
    Ps not very firm support but very comfortable!