Triple Negative breast cancer diagnosis

Mkdazed
Mkdazed Member Posts: 3
edited May 2020 in Newly diagnosed
Hi,
I have found out this morning that I have triple negative breast cancer.  My Chemo starts tomorrow and I am overwhelmed with saddness and aprehension of what lies ahead in my future.
It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had the scan.  My whole world has been turned upside down.

Comments

• Mkdazed
    Mkdazed Member Posts: 3
    Thank you Afraser,
    The only thing I can do it take one day at a time, but right now its hard to see that I will ever feel happy or have a laugh again.  I know i'm feeling sorry for myself.  I have a great family and support, so need to buckle in for the ride.
    Appreciate your support!

• ddon
    ddon Member Posts: 349
    A diagnosis one day and chemo the next is a huge shock and so hard to process. I am so sorry you are facing that - be comforted that a quick start means you are getting treated straight away and sometimes having no time to think about it can be a blessing. Today you feel like you will never be happy again but I promise you will be, and even during chemo you can feel normal many days and you will get on with life. 
    Sending a big hug x
  • strongtogether
    strongtogether Member Posts: 167
    @Mkdazed welcome to the club nobody wants to join. It's not easy, but there are a lot of people here who understand. There's nothing else for it but taking one step at a time,  and keep on believing. 
    All the best. 
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Hi Mkdazed, Welcome to this very informative forum of lovely people who understand what you’re going through and how you’re feeling, we all get it.

I was also diagnosed with Triple Negative Breast Cancer back in October 2018, after surgeries, chemo and Radiotherapy, I had my annual mammogram after diagnosis and treatment and I was given the ALL CLEAR. Another 6 months on saw surgeon last week, all good.

You have got this...... take one day at a time, we are here for any questions big or small, you can send me a private message anytime if you want to talk about anything regarding Triple negative treatment.
    Put on those boxing gloves.....
    Sending hugs xx

• Caroline86
    Caroline86 Member Posts: 6
    I have also just been diagnosed with Triple-negative cancer stage 1, had a lumpectomy straight away and looking at chemo and mastectomy or radiation.
    its incredibly hard to get your head around when u feel well. What chemo are you doing? What stage if you don’t mind me asking?
    i don’t see oncologist for a few more weeks. Waiting to heal before I start. But have so many questions! Hope you recover soon x
  • Shellshocked2018_
    Shellshocked2018_ Member Posts: 283
    Hi Caroline86, 
    Welcome to this very informative and supportive forum.
    I can send you a private message to discuss anything about Triple negative BC
    sending hugs  xx
  • TerryTee
    TerryTee Member Posts: 14
    So sorry to hear @Mkdazed.  I'm newly diagnosed too but with a different prognosis, and I too was dazed.  From going to a bi-annual scan to being in surgery was just way too fast to process, emotionally or intellectually.  I listened to a webinar from BCNA the other night and the comment that stuck with me most was asking for "permission to fall apart".  I really needed to hear that, and then I passed that on to all my friends and family.  I hope you find some support here from the rest of us who are just coming to grips with a new way of life, just different.
  • Salmon
    Salmon Member Posts: 2
    I too was diagnosed with stage 3 triple negative breast cancer in June, 2020. I had a lumpectomya week and a half later. Two lympth nodes were taken from under arm which were clear. Chemo soon followed for 5 months which apart from the chronic fatigue I got through ok. A pet scan followed and it was discovered that a lympth node close to my chest wall had highlighted. I went in for further surgery to remove node and surrounding nodes. The final report has come in 8 nodes were removed and 2 still show cancer cells. I am now going into radiation treatment every day for six weeks followed again by chemo which was a hard pill to swallow. My question is have any of you guys hit the 5 year mark as I have been told that reoccurence in the first 3 years is high. I guess I am looking for reassurance as I am downright scared.
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    Hello @Salmon. So sorry about all this happening. There are heaps of ladies who had TNBC who have hit not only the 5 year mark, but also the 9 year mark. Go to the search bar at the top of the page and type in TNBC, then the results of previous discussions should show. You’ll be able to see the ladies who are doing very well years later, and hopefully get your reassurance. I’ll also tag @mum2jj who I think had it twice,  but is now nearing the ten year mark. 
    Good luck with everything 🍀♥️
  • Salmon
    Salmon Member Posts: 2
    Thank you

• CarrieP
    CarrieP Member Posts: 39
    Hi @Mkdazed, so sorry this is happening to you, sending lots of love and yes you have definitely joined a very supportive group of woman that are strong and full of so much advice.
    i too was diagnosed with TNBC early Dec - 2 rounds of chemo done and other than fatigue not feeling to bad, it really is the mind and anxiety that plays up the most.
    hear if you ever need to chat xx
  • strongtogether
    strongtogether Member Posts: 167
    @Mkdazed have a look at foxmom 
    http://foxmomof5.blogspot.com/?m=1

And never give up hope!