Hashimotos and Anastrozole

cassidie
cassidie Member Posts: 13
edited June 2020 in General discussion
I am interested to hear from anyone who is taking anastrozole and has Hashimotos
Tagged:

Comments

• JennyD78
    JennyD78 Member Posts: 69
    Hi @cassidie from the lack of responses so far, and my limited understanding of Hashimoto's, it's probably a pretty small group!  What sort of info are you looking for?  There's a few of us around with autoimmune diseases who are on AI's and immuno-suppressants and might be able to help.

• cassidie
    Thankyou for responding JennyD78
    I was wondering how it would effect my tsh levels.
    Also if it effects the autoimmune part.
     I am not on immuno-suppressants. 
  • JennyD78
    JennyD78 Member Posts: 69
    I've done a quick search on the forum and it looks like @JulieVT11 might have Hashimoto's.  Hopefully by tagging her she'll see this thread and drop in and say hi :)

• primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I have Graves disease...auto immune but opposite function. Anastrazole has had no impact on my treatment or control. I have had graves issues before and since breastfeeding cancer.
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    hi @cassidie, welcome. Just posting to say hi, I don’t have what you are looking for, as I take thyroxine for underactive thyroid and am on letrozole. I guess your combo maybe quite unusual? I hope you find some contributing who are on the same boat!  

Tinks xx
  • FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    @Tinks hello, I’m also on thyroxine for u/a thyroid and soon to start Letrozole. Any effects? 
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    Hi @FLClover, no problems re the thyroid thus far I’ve been on letrozole only 4 weeks though. 

Will have check thyroid levels in 4 more weeks .pain in joints so far under control with fish oil daily and Celebrex anti inflammatory meds. 

Since RT now behind me, fatigue slowly improving,,,!

love Tinksxx
  • cassidie
    Hi primek, Thanks for responding.
    May I ask how long you have been on Anastrozole?
  • JulieVT11
    JulieVT11 Member Posts: 90
    @cassidie I have Hashimotos but am on tamoxifen.  My GP is very thorough in regard to the thyroid medication and I take thyroxine and T3, also have my levels checked every 4 mths.  So far I haven’t had any issues apart from the side effects of the tamoxifen. Thanks for the tag @JennyD78
  • cassidie
    @JulieVT11 It"s good to know you are doing ok and the tamoxifen hasn"t changed your levels. Where you put on tamoxifen for a particular reason? and why do you take T3 as well?
     What are the side effects from the tamoxifen?
     I go back to the oncologist in a few weeks to start treatment so great to hear from you

• FLClover
    FLClover Member Posts: 1,513
    @Tinks thanks! Xx
  • JulieVT11
    JulieVT11 Member Posts: 90
    @cassidie my BC was stage 1 and as I had a single mastectomy I didn’t need radiation or chemo so am on tamoxifen for 5 years. I have had quite a few side effects with the tamoxifen - hot flushes and last few months joint pain are the main ones.  
    Regarding the thyroid meds my Dr checks all thyroid levels And found my T3 was a bit high so the meds are to help keep it balanced with T4.  Not all Drs will test or prescribe T3.
  • primek
    primek Member Posts: 5,392
    I've been on anastrazole 12 months. I was on letrozole prior this for 3 years. 
  • cassidie
    @JulieVT11 thanks for your help. So I should keep a regular check on thyroid levels 
    hope all goes well for you and the side effects are manageable. 
  • cassidie
    @primek Did you change because of side effects?