I don't trust my GP

Options
Tarzouet
Tarzouet Member Posts: 1 New Member
Hi, I don't feel comfortable with my GP for multiple reasons. I'd like some recommendations for a GP around Coburg North, Victoria. Is there one you would recommend who's been able to help you to get through and who investigates pain instead of giving pain killers and hopping for the best.

Comments

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,573
    Options
    Hi @Tarzouet - So sorry that you're not comfortable with your GP - are you recently diagnosed, or have you been thru your surgery already? 

I was lucky with my original GP (who actually found my lump) but 6 months after my surgery, she left the Medical Practise and moved interstate - to Vic! ..... So, I had to change GPs as well.  I tried 3 in the same practise, before finding one that I am now comfortable with!    Are you able to try a different GP within the same practise? That way all your records are already there too.

Good luck & take care xx
  • lrb_03
    lrb_03 Member Posts: 1,267
    Options
    It can be hard to find a GP who is a good match for you. We're all different, and you may not like someone who is highly recommended by others. As @arpie says, yoi may need to try several before finding the right one, whether that's in the same practice, or another practice
    Take care
  • AllyJay
    AllyJay Member Posts: 943
    Options
    Sometimes you have to kiss many frogs before you find your prince.
  • Zoffiel
    Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
    Options
    Never hesitate to change medical professionals. You will have a personal and long term relationship with them so keep looking until you find one who suits. You wouldn't go back to a butcher you didn't trust, doctors are no different (though many don't 'get' that)