Home from surgery Ann's staying positive

Cath62
Cath62 Member Posts: 1,268
edited May 2020 in Community news and events
I had surgery yesterday with wide lobal excision and sentinal node biopsy. No nodes removed. I am home in less than 24hrs. The amount removed was the size of an orange. Full results next week. Doing well feeling strong but weary. Just the next waiting game for the full results.  Need to keep myself positive. I am in awe of all the beautiful women who have gone through this before me. 

Comments

• Nefertari
    Nefertari Member Posts: 288
    Well done, praying for good results for next week.  Take good care of yourself and a little bit of pampering is in order! :)
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    While we are out of hospital so fast that doesn’t mean we have had insignificant surgery! Well done on that count, look after you, and keep busy, find something in every day you can feel good about.

Lots of hugs and positives coming your way

Tinks xx
  • Cath62
    It is absolutely significant surgery Tinks. The amount removed from my right breast is the size of an orange. It is so confronting to look at myself in the mirror. I will need to balance myself up eventually. Trying to keep busy.
  • ChezaH
    ChezaH Member Posts: 549

Cath62 said:

I had surgery yesterday with wide lobal excision and sentinal node biopsy. No nodes removed. I am home in less than 24hrs. The amount removed was the size of an orange. Full results next week. Doing well feeling strong but weary. Just the next waiting game for the full results.  Need to keep myself positive. I am in awe of all the beautiful women who have gone through this before me. 

Make sure that you rest and take care of yourself, well done hugs xx
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hello @Cath62 hoping you have recovered well post surgery.  Wishing you well with your results.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    Hi @Cath62 - I hope you've continued to recover well - wishing you all the best with your results.  Then you'll have a 'game plan' & know what's ahead

Take care xx

• Louise64
    Louise64 Member Posts: 112
    Hi @Cath62 - wishing you all the best with results and  in your recovery. This will be me on 7th of July. Take care and thank
    you for sharing 🥰
  • Cath62
    Hi @Louise64, thank you. Ibam doing well. Recovered from surgery. Lymph clear and no sign of anything elsewhere in my body. My cancer cells were grade 3 so my oncologist recommended chemo, radium and hormone therapy too. I just had round 2 of chemo and I am ok. I am managing well I have think. Up a nd down but I am going with it. I walk daily and do some physio exercises.  About to loose my hair but I cut it short first so I don't have the trauma of my curly long hair falling all over the house. I feel very positive about the future. I hope everything goes well for you on the 7th. Hugs x
  • Louise64
    Louise64 Member Posts: 112
    Wishing you all the best and thankful this network lets us talk about the real challenges ahead . Xxx