Creative Corner!

Comments

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Fraser

Of course. I racked my brain and when I wrote it I thought it did not look correct.

Ah well just mind numbing forgetfullness.

I like the idea of "denarii".  "How many denarii for that pattern?" Has a lovely ring to it!

• arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,524
    I’ve got the machine @Sister but not the skill!  ;) 
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,354
    @Annie C

Works on all sorts of things - I was a 10 Librae Pom!! 
  • jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,951
    And I just fished out a Family Circle from December 1980. It has a good recipe for ice-cream pudding. Inside the front cover is an ad for Alpine cigarettes and on page three is an ad for Ford slimming tabs!!
  • Annie C
    Hah! Light bulb moment.

I have discovered the link for Breast Cancer - Family Circle  magazine.

With its recipes, adverts for Alpine cigarettes and Ford Slimming Pills I am quite positive this must be the reason. 

It's as good an answer as any - the medical mob don't have any!

• Annie C
    @Zoffiel

Stunning. A creative challenge.

Once I had a nipped in waist to wear an outfit as lovely as that. Just my kind of outfit. 

I have a vision of a massive jarrah staircase in some upmarket country hotel, an outfit like that and me swanning down to the dining room.

I was definitely born 200 years too early!

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    That outfit is gorgeous, @zoffiel You need to wear it just for the hell of it!  Wish I still had the waist for something like that.  My favourite work suits when I had a figure were contemporary takes on that sort of style.
  • arpie
    edited April 2020
    Well done, @cranky_granny - I can never colour 'inside the lines'!  LOL. 

Here are some activity packs that whilst mainly for Kids - also has an 'adult' pack halfway down ....... so share this one with your kids/grandkids!
    https://linktr.ee/Dashleydesignsnz?fbclid=IwAR2aZHvvmeTdeuWgMHNFa8X9Q93x89lnNcnOFz4PCMPzXacdJiaceD5f6Yo

And adult Colouring Pages Here (as well as puzzles & all sorts of stuff):
    https://museprintables.com/c/

• arpie
    edited April 2020
    And check out these cunning Stitches - from repairing tears and holes, to an easy way to make jeans (that are too big for you) fit!!  (I will NEVER have THAT problem!  :( )

I am not a sewing person at ALL - but I really enjoyed watching this!!

If anyone can explain logically how that very first stitch works ..... I'd appreciate it!! It just looks like a stitch I used to do as a kid - was it 'chain stitch'?

https://www.facebook.com/marktingteams/videos/500095777457452/
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Hi @arpie I checked them both out. 
    i am definitely going to use the repair idea for T shirt necks and a couple of dresses that i wont have to throw out now.