Why not join the Living with metastatic private group? Access group via the link here.

Advice on ceasing treatment

12346»

Comments

• Mellyb
    Mellyb Member Posts: 36
    Hi everyone 
    I've just returned on here to find messages in my inbox and I have replied. But thought I'd updat this to let you all know that my mum passed away in June 2019.

She gave everything she had, tried everything she could. I'm proud of her. I held her hand. I miss her every day.

I hope everyone is going ok with their treatments. Best wishes 
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    Hi @Mellyb so sorry to hear of your loss, and may your mum rest in peace.  It is very difficult to lose our parents, I like to think that when we are thinking of our loved one that has passed that they are close by, and I imagine their arms around me to bring comfort to me.  Take care and stay safe in this challenging time we find ourselves in at present. xx

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @Mellyb I too am so sorry to hear that your Mum has died.  I hope that you and your family are managing your grief as wel as possible.  I don't think you ever "get over" losing your mum - I still feel the emptiness often when I want to talk to my Mum about something and it's been 20 years since she died - but the terrible ache in your heart does get less.  Take care.
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Hi @Mellyb

So sorry for your loss and the agonising fight your dear mum went through. I lost my mum to BC in 2001. Words cannot express...
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    I am So sorry to hear of your loss @Mellyb - my condolences to you and your family  xx

• melclarity
    melclarity Member Posts: 3,502
    @Mellyb my sincerest love and condolences to you on the loss of your incredibly courageous Mum. I lost my Mum 11yrs ago to an unrelated cancer to her BC of 26yrs previously. I can honestly say I know how you feel, it is damn hard on so many levels. I didn't have time to spend with my Mum she was gone within 6 weeks of diagnosis, leaving us all in shock and pain. 
    What an amazing daughter you are! hold onto your beautiful memories, I too know that she absolutely isn't far away, and it's something you never get used to, you learn to walk through life and move forward somehow with it. 

Sending the biggest hugs to you. M x