What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. And strangely more able to cope.

Zoffiel
Zoffiel Member Posts: 3,372
I got laid off work yesterday, like many of the nation's bottom dwelling disposables. Guess what? It's OK.
Two ding dong doosey run ins with BC may have left me scarred and misshapen, but bloody hell, it makes you tough. 
So. Unlike many who haven't stared down the barrel of an obviously loaded gun, we've learnt how it feels to be under threat. We know panicking doesn't help, even though it's a natural reaction.
We are uniquely experienced in the art of getting people to stay the fuck away from us.
We understand being poor and a bit bored isn't the end of the world.
We know that for some it doesn't end well, but many survive. After a struggle. That the odds on that one can't be calculated or manipulated.
I'm going to stay home and do bugger all for a few days. Then I'll contemplate the next six months. Hang in there, thrill seekers, this is going to be an interesting ride. MXX
Tagged:

Comments

• Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    @kezmusc

Best wishes for your daughter’s test. Having not been in a supermarket for three weeks, I am not looking forward to it at all in another week. 😕
  • Giovanna_BCNA
    Giovanna_BCNA Member Posts: 1,839
    Hey @Zoffiel how very annoying and frustrating for you to have to go through this.  You are right that its going to be an interesting ride for everyone!  Look after you, sending best wishes
  • Dory65
    Dory65 Member Posts: 323
    Sorry to hear your news @Zoffiel. Stay well. I'm sure you'll find a silver lining and keep us all entertained. x
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    @Zoffiel sorry to hear about your job loss.  Indeed we are use to keeping people away from us.  Take care and keep safe.
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,521
    That's a bugger @Zoffiel - it sounds like you have the right attitude tho - I hope your job comes good again at the end of this debacle! 

SO much of this whole situation just sucks .... thru no fault of our own.     I hope your daughter doesn't test positive, @kezmusc (or ANY of us!)

We are already pretty well socially isolated with Hubby's dementia - as he doesn't do well in crowds anyway .... tho I snuck out today to have a fish!  :) 

I've had to cancel our uke group practises & today, tried to unite everyone via ZOOM over a 100km circumference  - have you ever tried to herd cats?  That is what it was like!  LOL. But everyone remained in good humour!  I just hope no-one recorded it!!

You have to admit tho - there have been some HILARIOUS jokes come out of all this ...... some are just priceless - particularly relating to the loo paper shortage.

Keep your sense of humour going - we're going to need it for the next 6-9 months, I reckon! Hopefully the lockdown won't be for too long ..... 

Take care & stay well xx

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Like you it looks like Friday will be my last day. On the good side as a tax consultant my boss is hoping we get inundated in April for BASs bugger though i only have about 5 ABN HOLDERS on my list. Lost a heap when off for treatment. Hoping some of the ones  on our agents listing that haven’t come in yet will start phoning. Who knows. But i have no appointments after just one on Friday then off to head office to find out my future. Big boss up the line has sent us emails with things to study up on while we are off. 
    Went to the bank today. Have applied for hold on house payment. 
    Its a bugger living pay check to pay check. 
    But your right. @Zoffiel BC has put us in good stead for isolating junk.