Supermarket Deliveries

kmakm
kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
Hey @BCNA, I've got a friend having AC who lives alone. Coles have cancelled her online deliveries saying they're reserving them for the vulnerable and at risk members of the community. But her immune system is very compromised. She's exactly a person who should not be exposed to the risk of Covid19. How does she get through to Coles or Woolies that she should be on the list?

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! K xox

@Giovanna_BCNA @Riki_BCNA @Rosie_BCNA @Kirsten_BCNA

Comments

• Loobylou
    Loobylou Member Posts: 49
    edited March 2020
    I agree @kmakm, I couldn't have gone shopping during AC and online deliveries were essential. 
  • kmakm
    kmakm Member Posts: 7,974
    Thank you @Rosie_BCNA!!
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    Woolies has an online form that you can fill out here https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/priorityassistance

Coles is saying to ring their customer service number and they are taking names, though I suspect with Woolies having an online form Coles will follow suit very soon. 

• Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Eeeeergh...I’ve been having online delivery since I started chemo...I finished rads yesterday and have an op coming up in four weeks. I wasn’t  aware of this. Must be new. No way am I going near Coles :/
    I must say though due to the panic buying, I’m hardly getting anything I ordered now.  :|
  • Tinks
    Tinks Member Posts: 234
    I received a Woolies delivery yesterday just ordering through the normal website route, but no kitchen paper product supplied or basic chicken or mince and some other items replaced by other brands due to my ticking a box permitting substitutes. Fruit and vegetables quite limited when ordering too. But it came on time, fresh food was fresh money refunded for items not supplied and overall acceptable given what is going on with panic buying and hoarding, I’m ADELAIDE suburbs. 

Harder to manage cancer treatment without home delivery to the rescue! ...also Woolies seemed on top of self isolating - which I am doing as much as I can as still in treatment and have low white cells - for online orders you could tick a box saying you are isolating and they leave groceries on the doorstep and ring your bell when they are there. 

• Caz1
    Caz1 Member Posts: 382
    Yaaaaay.....it’s the little things that give joy!

CONGRATULATIONS
  • Louweezer
    Louweezer Member Posts: 24
    Self isolating and can’t get to the shops?

For anyone currently having treatment (personally I have stage 4 with spinal mets and am on ribociclib/letrozole/denosumab) - go to the Woolworths website and fill out the priority assistance form to register for home deliveries.

I applied yesterday and got approval today. Stay safe everyone x
  • Keeping_positive1
    Keeping_positive1 Member Posts: 555
    @kmakm Please tell your friend to put in the comment section that she is having aggressive chemotherapy treatment and give the Oncologist telephone number for them to ring.  

@Louweezer I was approved also.  I applied Friday and yesterday it was approved.
  • Keeping_positive1
    @iserbrown who would have thought that toilets roll would become as rare as hens teeth!  I have not sighted a toilet roll in the supermarkets since earlier this month.
  • Blossom1961
    Blossom1961 Member Posts: 2,362
    @Keeping_positive1 I just bought some this morning. Just happened to walk right past it so doubled back and bought a pack. Shops are slowly getting back on top of supply so you may see some soon.
  • Mira
    Mira Member Posts: 678
    I was lucky.  Just after the chaos started I went to a local shop for an icecream and the lady that works there said "people are going crazy, you better grab some toilet paper" so I did!
  • Louweezer
    Louweezer Member Posts: 24
    @Keeping_positive1 thats great to hear - so glad we are getting through! 

I went to my local organic shop today and he is doing an online ordering list, and said he would be happy to home deliver as well, so be sure to contact your local shops as well as they need all the support we can give as well!

Stay safe lovely people x

• Keeping_positive1
    Unbelievable what has happened with people fighting over toilet paper.  It isn't like we can eat toilet paper.