Creative Corner!

Comments

• cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Not a bad idea @arpie i haven't thrown hubbies out also the plan is. Turning some of his shirts and jean into keepsake pillows. 
  • arpie
    arpie Member Posts: 7,519
    One of my nieces made a wonderful skirt from a bunch of ties .... it was flared (from the shape of the ties) it looked like a rock n roll skirt!
  • Romla
    Romla Member Posts: 2,092
    At the risk of being repetitive and in the hope it brings some smiles here is an older post

https://intheloopknitting.com/free-fun-hats-knitting-patterns/

• jennyss
    jennyss Member Posts: 1,950
    Dear @cranky_granny,
    Google 'quilts of Gees Bend' and you will sget to some sites with beautiful pictures and information about the quilting tradition of a community of African American women. Many of the quilts included old shirts and jeans.
  • Glynnis
    Glynnis Member Posts: 353
    @cranky_granny takes time to set it up, been in mine again today try i ng to sort a bit more of the mess out lol, you'll get there it's not go ijng anywhere just take your time to organise then enjoy 😀😀
  • cranky_granny
    cranky_granny Member Posts: 690
    Thanks @jennyss I'm going get all the mending done first 
    then start on the projects haven’t thrown out anything  
    @Glynnis your right about Needing to take my time. Friend came over Saturday arvo was amazed at how much i had done. But then noticed I was showing signs of having over done it (recently retired nurse)   So made me promise to give it a rest for a day. 
    Now that i can get into the sewing machine I’m hanging to get some time to myself to actually start sewing.

• Annie C
    Annie C Member Posts: 849
    @Beryl C.

The knitted layette is exquisite. I do hope that you have kept the Womans Day knitting pattern.

I was searching for a particular pattern a few weeks ago and came across a Patons Baby knitting pattern book. The price on the cover was 6p (that's sixpence in the money prior to decimal currency).

Remember £, s and p;  or pounds, shillings and pence?
  • Afraser
    Afraser Member Posts: 4,352
    Wasn’t it 6d? From £sd, from the almost unfathomable abbreviations for Latin currency denominations librae, solidi, and denarii.

• Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    We might all have some extra time on our hands to get crafty.  My daughter is trying to teach herself to sew on my Mum's old machine (no point asking me - I resisted strongly) but unfortunately I don't have a fabric box and Op Shops don't seem to keep that stuff any more.  Me - I'm intending to try knitting a beanie once I find a simple pattern I like.
  • Sister
    Sister Member Posts: 4,960
    @afraser I remember things being "d" as well although I don't recall the currency.
  • iserbrown
    iserbrown Member Posts: 5,539

Beryl C. said:

My Grandmother used to say, 'When the hands are busy, the mind settles down and your spirit can fly!' 

Oh I just love that saying!